Had my tonsills out 2 weeks ago, all went well, a bit sore but not too bad. then 5 days later i stopped taking painkillers as i started feelinjg sick. i then had constant nausea, loss of balance and constant dizzyness. i was told by ENT doc i must have a viral inner ear infection and could take weeks to get better. he gave me tablets to help with the nausea, but said he could do nothing for the dizzyness. i finally got some relief when a friend of mine suggested trying an anti histamine. im still slightly off balance and dizzy when i move my head, but am much better than i was. what bothers me is reading all the problems people have had with their ears following this op, yet the ENT docs deny it is related.

I get the feeling that you might want to get a second opinion--no offense to the ENT doc but he doesn't sound very accurate or confident in his diagnosis. Can you let me know how it goes with another doctor? Thanks!