My wife is out of work because of dizziness, she seems to have caught something and we can’t find out what it is. She complained that her ears are making a popping noise and that she experiences headache. The thing is that her dizziness comes and goes, it is not constant. She is planning to see a neurologist next week. We don’t know what else to do.

How do you mean “on and off dizziness”? Are these like flu symptoms, and how long they last? If I understood right, she wasn’t able to work because of that. Dizziness can be sign for a lot conditions. I know that people who suffer from ears infection often experience dizziness and ears popping sensations. Ok, chek with neurologist, but I guess you will have to do some tests first.

Your wife should go to the doc and have them check for tmj dysfunction sounds like that could be the problem i am going friday to get checked for it i am having same symptoms.

to me it sounds like your wife has anemic problems..it happens to me all the time...i hear buzzing/popping noises in my ear and at times it really bothers me..i would too get headaches constantly and this is due to the fact that when your anemic... your body doesnt produce enough red blood cell, which produce oxygen, to your body (including your brain) and thats what causes her to get headaches..other common symptoms should be that she is tired all the time and in some severe case...it causes dizzines and maybe even fainting... i think she should go for a blood test instead.
-sincerely,
concerned reader! :-)

It sounds like miner's disease (pronounced min-ears).
my sister had it and when it hit her equal librium was off kilter, felt dizzy, faint, headache, nausiated. it was to the point she couldn't work at all, couldn't drive or do normal things much.
the disease dissappeared as it appeared. my sister found out of having this for 7 years, that she still has it, but the body finds a way to dull it and re route the nerves.
i would go to an ear specialist to rule out. her ear problems could be anything.
my ear crackles(pop) when i yawn, or swallow,and i get ringing in my ear, not just 1 tone, but three diffrent distinctive tones, sometimes the sound is loud or moderate. that is from a neck problem i have been dealing with for 7 years along with a degenerate vertabrae in my lower throat area. i have been going to a chiropractor for 6 years and i can say i am 89% better than 7 years ago.

I hope you get better very soon.

3 words, Inner ear infection.

i am way way late to reply to this, but if your wife is still having these symptoms and you don't know what it is, it may be a virus of the middle ear called labyrinthitis. It's fairly harmless but can be pretty annoying, i had it for a while and have just recently been getting over it. the virus can take over a month to clear, and it's caused from allergies or an ear/sinus infection. if your wife has allergies, i suggest drinking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each night until the symptoms subside. my friend from ireland suggested it to me when i was at my wit's end for dizzyness, and i drank my first dose three days ago, and since then i have felt noticeably better, my dizzyness was gone afetr the second dose. i hope this helps.

About 2 weeks ago my left ear starting popping constantly, like on a plane! My right ear is fine!
But when ever I swallow, my left ear pops then it comes back, and when I swallow again.... it pops again!
This is serioulsy frustrating!
I'm not suffering from headaches or anything else out of the ordinary!
Can somebody please explain whats going on?
Thanks

Hi I have the same symptoms I am 48 and I do have a TMJ shift and I do clench my teeth Today my back and shoulders bother me . I went to the ENT Doctor and he did ask me if I have arthritis I guess he is on to something unfortunately. My family does have the problem with the sixth vertabrae also

I have the same thing - ears popping, dizziness, headaches ... I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Could be a pregnancy thing. Could also be that my blood results show I'm verging on being anaemic (due to pregnancy). Blood tests could rule out (or in) both ...

Your are hearing the fluid in your inner ear. You may have an infection so call an Ear Nose Throat Doctor. I've had many ear problems and operations. If you are getting dizzy with the popping it is most definitely the fluid in your inner ear. The fluid in your inner ear is important for equilibrium so if the tubes that have the fluid is stopped up or infected it send the wrong signals to your brain which makes you feel like your spinning even the your completely stationary.