I am on my 5th dentist, I was sent for a soft tissue biopsy that felt and sounded like he scrapped my jaw bone leaving me with pain for about 5 weeks. On week 6 I developed an abcess on my lower jaw area. Went back to oral surgeon who blamed it on my original dentist saying it had to have been there for years, put me on flagyl and clyndamyacin for 2 1/2 weeks, instructing me to go back to my regular dentist and have the infected tooth taken care of. As a note tooth was not hurting or sore in anyway it was my jaw where there was no tooth. Dentists then advised I needed a root canal. Had that done. 2 days later went to my GP as I was flat out sick unable to keep anything down. He sent me for blood test to determine I still had an infection raging. He advised I go for another dental opinion and recommended another dentist. Went to him, in 15 minutes he was able to tell me that I should not have had a root canal and that there was an infarction and needed to see a specialist. He sent me to the present dentist I am now seeing. After voicing my concerns with the lump on the front of my jaw line and through the inside of my cheek he agreed that I should have a CT Scan done of my mandibula. They found a cyst, jaw bone is infected and infection goes through to the nerve at bottom of tooth that just had a root canal done. Scheduled to go Tuesday for removal of tooth # 30 and he will do a bone graft there and then go in and remove cyst, clean up infection he is not really sure what he will do in the area of where #31 and wisdom used to be until he gets in there.

Are the right things being done at this point? Is there anything else that should be done that is being overlooked?

Theresa's just found out about a "mucous cyst", this are tricky little devils. I just had mine diagnosed after six years of chasing down different reasons for "why I couldn't breathe"...properly...constant congestion without any drip, perpetual dry mouth, three years of allergy shots(a slight reaction to dirt) earaches and depression exacerbated by frustration ...EVERYBODY, just knew it had to be all in my head. Guess what?
They were right...the CT scan(finally got a Doc who cared)showed the mucous cyst to be under my lip in my left jaw, ...now, maybe the right ENT will do something about it...I, "being of sound mind, do formally request, this be; OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" (lol) Will my breathing problems really be over and or how often do these things(cysts) regrow?

Hi , how did this turn out for you? I think I may be in the middle of the same nightmare, with the same teeth! I am in a lot of pain, right at my jaw.

I am going through the same thing? Had two apicoectimies and 4 root canals am dealing with infection #5 right now? I seriously am at the end of my rope? No answers just repeated infections! Any help or advice????

You probably have TMJ. Get an occlusal guard to wear at night when you sleep to protect from clenching and grinding.