i went to the dentist monday to figure why i was having so much pain and he said my wisdom teeth are coming in on the upper right hand side, but he didnt say to do anything. and it is making my other teeth hurt and the top, and it is swelled a little to. is this a sign of it being impacted or coming in wrong? what should do? do i need it removed?

Hi! No, I don't think you should remove it. It is normal to hurt and to swell. There are some drugs that help stop wisdom tooth pain. The most commonly prescribed painkiller is codeine. Acetaminophen such as Tylenol combined with codeine is a powerful painkiller, but this provides you only temporary pain relief. There's Oxycodone too, but you should use it only under medical supervision. There are some natural ways to stop wisdom tooth pain, but these do not always work on people. You can use dried peppermint leaves; place them around the tooth for fifteen min. at least ten times per day. Or you can hold a thick slice of chilled cucumber around the teeth, that can help reduce pain too. Sucking on ice cubes or holding an ice pack firmly against the gum line will help to numb the area and provide temporary relief from pain. Or you can press or massage this area firmly for at least 10-20 seconds with a garlic and salt rub. Warm salt water acts as a tonic to flush away bacteria and help soothe the inflamed gum tissue. So you can try some of these...I hope this will help you.

Hey! I had the same problems with my lower teeth (upper ones haven't arrived yet) and I had to get them out, because there wasn't enough space for them and they were pushing on all the other teeth on my lower jaw. I had some flesh above one of them which got inflamed and the dentist had to cut it off, to let the tooth grow. Yes, try some painkillers but you should ask your dentist the same things you've asked here, maybe get an x-ray of the teeth.

Thanks i will im goona maybe go see a different dentist, and hopefully get a full x ray to see if i need it removed or not! Because it isnt out yet but it is making my teeth hurt on the front.

I HAD THE X-RAY, THE DENTIST TOLD ME TO HAVE AN OPERATION. HOWEVER, HE SAID TO PURUE IT IN THE FUTURE SOMETIME. SO, IT DIDNT SOUND THAT IMPORTANT... NOW, IM WORKING IN AFGHANISTAN AND SUFFER FROM DIZZINESS AS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF LEAVING MY COMPACTED WISOM TEETH IN PLACE. I NEED THE OPERATION, I DONT INTEND HAVING THE OP ANY TIME SOON. IM WONDERING IF THIS CAN LEAD TO ANY LIFE THREATENING ISSUES.