Hi thanks for reading this.

I am running the London Marathon, (first one I have done) and am a little unsure how to use/train with these istonic energy drinks - i mean - why do we need them - do we really need them??

I guess that they help....ought I try a long run and drink a few to see how they affect me?

Thanks for all comments/replies.

Lister

Yes, you should start setting them out maybe every 5 or so miles on your long runs, and get used to them during a marathon. You may not need it for your current runs, but in a 26 mile race, you need it to be at your best. (For evidence, I watched the LA Marathon yesterday morning, and all of the top Kenyans picked up a drink at least every 5 miles!) Right on about what jrjo said about electrolyte replacement

Thanks for the replies.

The funny thing is that i did a 12 mile run last night and was happy just to drink water - BUT - i do completely understand the importance of energy drinks etc - i guess the best thing to do is practice with them and see how it improves my performance.

Thanks for all your answers!