I would like to know how important energy drinks are. I keep hearing that they are really vital and that one can never expect full results without them. On the other hand there are people who claim that they did it without using any such drink. Water or energy drinks?

You can do both ways. People have been breaking records for years without them. On the other hand, they can be handy since they can help you to replenish carbs, minerals and electrolytes lost during exercise. This can speed up your recovery and enable you to work harder or more often. So, I usually drink both, water and energy drinks. They can be helpful but don’t expect any miracles from them.

Water is always good, but in this case maybe energy drinks are better. In the end the choice is yours, try it both and see what suits you the best.

I prefer water.. I think it is best option.

Water without any doubt. On the long distance runs, our bodies need hydration, not energy boost.
You should rely on yourself, not on 'magical potions'.

Try pre-loading all your essential electrolytes before running with enlyten's electrolytes plus strips and use water during. 90% absorption into the body within 2 minutes.

I prefer water before and while running. I also like water after running though I will sometimes have vitamin water or gatorade to replenish the electrolytes. I don't drink the energy drinks as they either have too much sugar or too much other stuff that I really don't want in me.

Water is simple and cheap. I like water and it always does the job for me.

Water has a great importance in our life. we must drink 15-16 glass of water in our daily routine. Although there are so many energy drinks are available in the market but these energy drinks are not beneficial for the longer period of time.

well......
Energy drinks are beverages whose producers advertise that they "boost energy.The natural choice for hydration is water. It hydrates better than any other liquid, both before and during exercise. Water tends to be less expensive and more available than any other drink.

Water is always the better option. Our bodies were designed for water. With that being said I do use energy drinks but I have found that if I use one with too much sugar I get a crash which ends up being for the worse. The safe bet is to stick with water and not worry about getting a sugar high then crash.

I am a fan of water as well. I would test both on yourself and see which gives you the best results as everyone is different.

Confused to select one.As both are good.

Hey. I am a runner and I prefer Simple room temperature water rather than energy drinks. I drink lots and lots of water.