Hi! I had some health problems, and my doctor told me that I have Lyme disease. I didn’t have erithrema migrants, or some common symptom of lyme disease. For year or more I didn’t go in woods, or some places were ticks live. I have difficulty accepting Lime as a diagnosis, because I think that my doctor made mistake. What should I do?

Hi! You didn’t say what kind of health problems you have. I was misdiagnosed with lyme disease. I completely understand you. My treatment was wrong, I had antibiotic therapy for a six weeks. I think you should find another doctor. Find some good clinic where you will have some tests. Before you start with your treatment consult another doctor for second opinion. Good luck!

If the antibiotics are making you feel horrible, that means you have Lyme and they're working. (Two siblings with Lyme.) Also, Lyme can stay dormant in the body for a long time, even years. What symptoms have you been having?

Where you live also might make a difference. If you're out in New England, is very likely you have it. If you live in Hawaii, not so much. Also, not having a bullseye rash, our doctor said that sometimes if you have it, you don't see it. For example, it's on your back, or under your hair. He also said that a lot of people just plain don't get the signature mark.