Ok so for a while now (all year) I have been feeling extremely exhausted, but I'm in my first year of college so that's expected. I find that even walking up a hill tires me out and my legs hurt anytime I walk, but I have always been in good physical shape so this is weird. Other symptoms I'm having are dry eyes, back and pelvic pain, weight gain, itchy scalp with like scabs on it (not too many and they go away and come back), constipation, blurry vision occasionally, hard time concentrating, depression, low temperature (96-97), and trouble sleeping. I would think nothing of all this but here's my story ...

My sophomore year of high school I became very sick, and found a circular rash where I thought a mosquito had bitten me. It wasn't itchy if I remember correctly, and it was sort of red, sort of bluish and flat. I went to my doctor and he had me tested for lyme disease because I was really tired and in pain, he thought I either had Lyme or mono (I missed school for like 2 weeks and slept all the time). Both tests came back negative and he told me that I should get tested for lyme disease again in 6 months because sometimes the test comes back negative at first. I didn't want to because I almost passed out at the first blood test and I hate them now. Anyway, I think I went back to get tested but I'm not sure because I was sick again last year and I went to get tested for something else but I don't know if they also did lyme disease. Should I get tested again? I read that a lot of the tests come back as false negatives and that scares me.

Any response would be appreciated, sorry the post is so long I just wanted to get my story across so you can have a clear understanding of what I'm going through. Thanks in advance!!

I had Lyme when i was 12 years old now i am 32 I am in pain all the time eyes are rwally dry and I am tired alot. I went to doctors for years thinking all these were seprerate things I have an app Friday to discuss the possibility of them all being from Lyme.

Hi, thanks for your response, I haven't been checking on here that's why i didn't reply sooner ... If you don't mind, let me know how your appt. went and what your doctor said about it ... I'm scared now because I have read that even if you have a blood test for it it could come back false negative so now Idk what to do

Hi, yes you need to be tested again. Find a doctor that knows the right test to be done.Just because your test came back negative doesn't mean you don't have the disease. Don,t wast anytime getting it done. I also had a tick bite and a couple of days later the red rash showed up. at the time I didn't know what lyme disease was until my joints in my knees went from slightly hurting to having my knees replaced three years later now I'm having trouble with my ankles and wrist joints. I also have all the same symptoms you have and more. My doctor also tested me and I came back negative. I found a doctor who knows how to test and treat the disease but he not covered by my insurance. I know the sooner you get treatment the easier it will be to save your body. I know you hate having the test done,but the outcome of not having the test is far more painful and it continutes to get worse. I hope this helps you.