Hi. I`m 21 yo M and went to see my doctor because of some lesion. But, I was told that lesion is called erythema migrans and that it is possible I have a lyme disease. I also have some flu symptoms. My muscle aches and my head hurts, can`t sleep very well lately. Could I have lyme? I often go outdoors but am aware of ticks and always looking for their bites.

Hi. Yeah, in some 50% of the cases you will found that rash or lesion. The rash looks like a red ring and is often called a bullseye. It can be confused with poison ivy, spider or insect bite or something. Also, as the rash develops, you may experience some flu-like symptoms, such as headache, sore throat, fever, mascle aches, etc. So, it is possible that you have a lyme disease. The treatment is nothing scary, they will give you some antibiotics to use them for a few weeks. If not treated, some serious problems can develop.