Hi, I am suffering from Lyme disease for six months already. My doctor prescribed me but several days ago I got Bell's palsy. Now, I am very confused and I would like to know if Bell's palsy may be caused by Lyme disease or it is just separate disorder.Thank you.

Hi, my sister was also suffering from Lyme disease. It is type of disease which have it's neural phase. This phase of disease may cause many neurological symptoms including Bell's palsy too. Treatment for Bell's palsy is symptomatic but you have to cure main, Lyme disease. When you get rid of it Bell's palsy will not show again.

I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy about five years ago. I had an MRI and a blood test which diagnosed me as having lyme disease. Boy, was I surprised to hear that! I still feel numb on my lower face, and I can't raise my right eyebrow. My face feels more numb when I am tired. My smile is crooked, but I figured I'm not going to get any better since it's been so long. My sister has had 3 episodes of Bells, so I hope not to get it again.