Hi. I have a chronic fatigue syndrome and a lyme disease. Above all, I was recently diagnosed with candida infection. There must be some kind of a connection between those diseases. Anyway, the symptoms of lyme (the great imitator) are so anything-like and it is hard to tell the difference between lyme and CFS – extreme fatigue is, after all, a symptom of lyme. But candida? Could lyme be the cause of that infection?

Hi, I have lyme and candida infection too. Patients with lyme disease are at greater risk for developing candida, because you need antibiotics to treat lyme disease and related infections. Don`t have the CFS, but lyme and CFS symptoms are medically unexplained. Fatigue, muscle pains, poor memory, and "brain fog", are the most common symptoms in both. Lyme, being an immune-deficiency disease, gives a big opportunity for yeasts to occur. So, when you have lyme, it is important to prevent and treat candida infections.