Hi, does anyone know if the mirena can cause you to produce breastmilk?? Ive been on the mirena for about a month now and for the last 2 days my breasts have been really sore and heavy and last night in the bath my left one began to leak some milk!

Mine does! It keeps up everyday. Nonstop. Im used to it because this is the same way when become pregnant. I used to be pregnant before. Most importantly is to make sure it doesn't give you any pain or feel burns.. something like that. I recommend you to ignore and not worry about it. Mirena is the birth control that give you many tricky ideas. It tricked me many different things as long as I dont get pregnant. It works. I hate being so worry too much if you know what I mean.

WOW this is making me feel so much better. I had NEVER leaked out of my breasts after i quit breast feeding and dried up. My daughter was 1 when i stopped breast feeding that's when i had the mirena insterted the first time and she was over 2 when i dried up. I NEVER noticed leaking with my first mirena. I've had a new one in for 3 weeks now and my breasts started leaking today i was so scared

I never had the problem with breast milk when I had the iud but I did get pregnant on it put I miscarried I have a test done to make you are not pg I also had problems ovarin cyst so be careful

My daughter was put on this 2 days ago and is experieng lactation

Feels better! i'm freaking out when i when i saw i was producing milk for a few days now, for the fact that i know someone had mirena got pregnant. Hope its just a trick!

Hi my mirena was inserted march 2012 proceeding my abortion. I have never breastfed nor given birth but I ve lactaded since. I ve seen many doctors and passed 3 mammograms in the past five years without finding any valid answers. On mirena I did not have my period but my breasts lightly squeezed discarged breastmilk and alot and for the past 5 years...I got it removed last march, almost 2 months ago. I have had my period for only 3 days since and my breastmilk seems to finally dry out. I was thinking of maybe getting a copper one inserted but no. I ll use condoms from now on. I ve been on birth control since I was 14 years old... I m 38 today and finally realize. We are women and our body is a temple. My advice is to not put this c**p into your body cause my side effects on mirena affected my life for the past 5 years.... but some have been though worst. I wish u all the best and f@&$ mirena

I just had my Mirena put in 2 weeks ago and one of my breasts is priducing milk! O haven breast fed since my daughter was 5month old so i havent been breast feeding in over 10months! Its freaking me out also! But i guess it can happen?! Theres no way im pregnant so i guess its just a side effect?!