Hello to everyone.
I have been having the symptoms of pregnancy, but the four tests I have taken have come up negative. Now I have heard of women becoming pregnant while using Mirena, although it may be a long shot...I just wonder if the hormone released by Mirena could be causing false negatives? I have been searching the internet and can't find an answer on this. I'm making a doctor appointment to check this out, I'm having nausea, swelling/tenderness of my breasts, my ankles are sore and swelling, back pain, mood swings and weird cravings...my boyfriend is convinced that I am pregnant, but all the tests have come up negative! Now I wouldn't mind, I love our kids and having another would be perfectly fine. I just worry because Mirena is supposed to be so effective at preventing pregnancy and I know there would be complications involved in continuing a pregnancy with it in place, and removal of it can cause miscarriage. I have also done a lot of research on pregnancy with Mirena in place, so I'm somewhat prepared for that outcome. I just really wonder if a test result could be from the birth control method.

So mainly my question is, does anyone out there know if Mirena could be causing a false negative pregnancy test result?

Thanks for reading, hope I get some responses.

I was just wondering what you have found out since you posted this. Because I am definitely pregnant, I can feel the baby kicking. Not gas, or bowels. Actual kicking. I have been pregnant 3 times, including one miscarriage. So I feel 100% confident that what I am feeling is no doubt a baby. But all the tests keep coming out negative. Home tests, hospital blood and urine tests. Doctor's just keep sticking to their results and listening to me saying that my body is definitely changing. There has to be a reason. And I feel it is hard to get people to actually listen and believe my situation. It is so frustrating! I hope you have figured everything out. Could you please let me know how your story has turned out? Thank you so much!!

I have had mirena for 3 1/2 months now, i have been feeling something moving in my stomach and i know i am not crazy! it started as a flutter and now i can put my hand on my stomach and feel it kick me! i have 2 kids and i know what a baby kicking feels like.. i am def. pregnant and i have an appt. in the morning to figure this out. my home pregnancy tests all come out neg too! but there is no way im not pregnant, i have every single sign that points to it, including movement!!! just wondering if you ladies ever found out if you really were pregnant or not?!

Hi was interesting reading your signs and syptoms. Mine are similar but no tenderness in my breasts. I normally have a period at the beggining of every month but it's the 21 st now I have done 3 test and still negative I feel fluttering in my tummy I know wat it's like I've had 2 children already. I just don't know wat to do. Can't find info anywhere about mirena effecting the test results

Please Help! If anyone has gotten any answers with your situations, please email me! ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
I know I am not crazy! I have been all over the internet, and this is the only thread I have found with woman in the exact same situation as me. I have a Mirena. I have for over 3 years, since the birth of my last child. I have three children. I am familiar with what pregnancy feels like. Aside from the usual symptoms, I can feel the baby moving! It feels EXACTLY like the "fluttering" or "quickening" in the early 2nd trimester. I do not have periods, because of Mirena. I have only had one the month after I got it, not another in over 3 years. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests over the past 3 weeks at different times. All negative. I have read, and re-read, and re-read all over the internet that Mirena does not cause a false negative result, and that few things do. I have checked all of my current medications as well. Apparently, only certain fertility drugs can cause a false positive, but never a false negative. The movements in my stomach are everyday for several hours a day. They are very high up, though. Between the top of my rib cage. They have never been any lower. It feels like a muscle contraction over and over again, like my uterus contracting from a baby stretching your uterus in the early second trimester. Did you all find out that you were in fact pregnant, or was it something else? Thank you so much.

will someoneemailme with the resultsyou got because im having samesymptoms buthave no insuranceto go to doctor. i have had my mirena for 2 1/2 yrs! ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
it would be very helpful if someone could give me some info because the internet isnt helping me!

I am as well having these symptoms that everyone else is having. I am going to take another at home test today but I know it is going to say negative once again. If anyone has had any luck finding out any information please let me know. Thank you Leanne...

Oh WOW!!! I am not going nuts!!
I have had the Mirena for about 7 months.
I started noticing something moving... I am freaking out!
I can feel something inside my stomach. Not so much a kick yet.
But if my son lays on my belly it slides to the other side. Or when i press on it. it moves over.
I have taken 2 tests both negative...
I'm gonna get my blood drawn today.
Did any of you end up being pregnant? Or find out what is going on!!

i to am having the same symptoms...but all the tests come back neg. would you please reply back and let me know if you are prego??

I have had mirena for almost 3 years, just recently i have showed signs of being prego. My butt and boobs have gotten way bigger, once in awhile i do feel a lil flutter in my left upper stomach, i do get moody easier, and iam nauseous when i dont eat just like when i was prego with my 1st. I took 2 test, both negative....Can someone please post if you ended up pregnant or not. Its scary, iam not prepared for another child! I am not married and have no insurance. Please can someone post up the results i would appriciate it so much! And if someone did end up prego, what kind of side affects does the child go through....PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi everyone. I have had Mirena since my 19th birthday and I just turned 20 two weeks ago. One and off I have had the pregnant feeling. In November of last year, I was dead convinced I was pregnant. But one day I had unexplainable horrible cramps and when I went to the bathroom, a nice sized bloody clot was on my panties. I was never sure what to think.
In the last few months, I was planning my wedding and when I measured myself for my dress, I gave about two to three inches of "reassurance room" but within a month my dress was way two tight. I just summed it up to weight gain. It was tight in the belly especially. But the weird thing is my tight jeans and become too big...in the hips.
Anyway, I have been constantly craving the craziest thing. For example, I had chocolate ice cream and BBQ chip one day, for breakfast...mixed together. The cravings have not stopped at all. The smell of just about anything food wise gets me extremely nauseous. I'll dry heave for what seems like forever but nothing will ever come out. My back has been in so much pain. My ankles and feet hurt like crazy (but I summed that up to me having to walk two miles everyday to get back and forth to work but that doesn't explain my constant weight gain for almost 40lbs since December). I go from weepy and sad to extremely happy or mad. It drives my boyfriend insane. When I went in for my check up this past month, I noticed while I was on my way home that my doctor never told me if my pregnancy test (urine and blood) was positive or not.
I bleed whenever my body feels like it I guess and it is horrid. The cramps make me just want to take out the IUD on my own.
I'm not sure what to think anymore. I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it came out negative. If I am pregnant could it be the hormones the IUD puts in me that makes the test negative? Should I even bother taking another one? I'm just not sure what to believe anymore.
If anyone could help I will be eternally gratefully. Having a child would be the greatest thing for me, not just right now but anytime. I don't want this birth control to kill any little child growing inside me nor do I want it to take my ability to bear children away (I've heard that if you do become pregnant while on it , it can do that).
Please, help me.

I forgot to mention that my breasts, nipples and aureoles have been extremely senstive. My breasts seem heavier and I have been wearing two bras just to relieve myself.

Hello I was curious if you ever found out if you were pregnant. I am going through the same thing and was curious. Thanks and God Bless

I hope your baby was born safetly

why does everyone complain about if they are pregnant or not...and they question it but NOOO ONE can answer these questions? I mean the last post was 4 months ago surely someone knows if they are or arent by now....I would like to know...thanks...i say this and probably wont be back either...but if i am i would like to see a reply :) PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME!  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use