I took the MAP pill on day 9 into my cycle and then got the side effect bleeding one week later. I took the first response pregnancy test one day after my period was due and it was negative. Does this mean I'm not pregnant? could I have an ectopic pregnancy cuz I heard that taking the pregesterone only MAP can increase your chances of having ectopic pregnancy. I have som abdominal pain but it higher than my pelvis just between the bottom of my ribcage and the tip of my pelvis. I had some diarrhea (which I heard could be a symptom) and some shoulder pain that is slight but not unbearable and not continuous. Could I have an ectopic pregnancy, when would symptoms of this be noticable? I took a blood test for pregnancy, can an ectopic be picked up by a blood test?

Please respond, I'm worried!!

Yes, an ectopic pregnancy will still release HCG and so will show up on a blood test. If you are concerned go see your ob/gyn.

hiya my names ella! i had a ectopic pregnancy when i was 16.
the pain was unbeliveable! i was rushed into hospital and had to have a operation! if u were having a octopic u wud no about it!!!
how bad r the pains in your belly???
but if u are worried u should go 2 the doctor asap bcoz octopic pregnancys are very dangouros! good luck!

i had an ectopic pregnancy and almost died. My tube ruptured at home. I fainted and luckily someone heard me cry for help. I had no previous symptoms, had solid prenatal care with an ultrasound and doctors missed everything. I had bleeding after positve preg. test. I thought I miscarried but still felt pregnant. The tests were still coming up positive. They never did a blood test which probably would have helped.I had one tube removed. Two months later I conceived a baby and carried it to full term. ! ?

i doubt u have an ectopic pregnancy, if you did you would be in excruciating pain, if you had a pregnancy test and it was negative there is a good chance it is negative, a pregnancy test works by picking up the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), which an ectopic pregnancy will produce, i would say ur not pregnant but be sure and see the doctor, you will feel better for it :-D

Hey im 16 and im worried i may have an ectopic pregnancy i was reading on the internet bout it and in the symptoms was vaginal bleeding that lasts 4 a day or 2. this only happens after i have sexual intercourse i have no stomach or shoulder pains i have not yet done a test but im really scared just incase i will have an ectopic pregnancy plz help me im really scared and i dnt know what to do thanx

Hi , I'm 28 and had that happen to me 7 years ago. Symptoms are HEAVY bleeding and pain that a whole bottle of asprin can't cure. My mom actually saved my life, after 2 days she rushed me to the emergency room. I stayed in surgery for a long time and barely survived. Not only did I lose my tube on the right side , but also my baby could not be saved because I waited to long.

I had an ectopic. I took two negative pregnancy tests, but still hadnt gotten my period. I tested a few dats later and got a positive, but started bleeding like a period a couple days later. The bleeding lasted 2 weeks and I had slight pain in the lower left side of abdomen. Went to the ER and found out it was an ectopic.

Hey. I had an Etopic pregnacy a little more then a year ago (when i was 16) and i had to get my tube removed because it had bursted! Well this is what happend.. It started out wit little pains here and there, and i thought it was nothing! Then the pains started getting shrap and i was always having shoulder pains and my boobs also got sore! I missed my period like a month and a half (thats when i should have really went to the doc but i was dummm) Then i finally got my period but it was soooooo HEAVEY and BIG clots were comming out (i no it sounds nasty) And i must have been bleeding for about 15-20 dayss!!!! then the one morning i woke up i couldn't move i felt like i was goint ot pass out, The Abulance came and got me and i had to have emergecy surgery!! My back was huting and all, IT WAS THE WORST PAIN EVER! Then the recovery is even worst! So i jsut want to let everyone know NO MATTER WHAT dont waite!!! If you ahve pains or any sighns at all PLEASE go to the ER!!!!!!!! Etopic pregnacy's can kill you! Now i only have one tube and i am only 18 years old and not that i am trying but i dont think i can have kids! :(

Hi, i had an ectopic a year ago on the 28th Feb, i was 13 weeks and had no pain what so ever and only had a very small bleed which was when i went to the hospital. My HCG levels were really high and then when they checked the scan they knew it was ectopic. I had already lost my ovary and part of my tube on the right hand side when i was 10 due to a growth but luckily for me this baby had come out of my left tube and gone up the remaining partial right tube so now i don't have an ovary or tube on my right so can still get pregnant naturally. However i'm now a week late for my period which never happens but the HPT is showing negative. I've got the same dizziness that i had with the ectopic last time. I'm scared it's happening all over again. Trip to the doctors for me on Monday.

hi i'm 19 and my husband and I are expecting our first child. i am 7 weeks along and i went in for an ultrasound at 4 weeks (because of my irregular period, they assumed i was 7 weeks when in fact, i was only 4 weeks) and they saw nothing on the ultrasound. well, of course i paniced but they told me that you usually can't see anything before 5 weeks. i have an ultrasound scheduled for next week, but i am terrified they will tell me my pregnancy is ectopic. i have had some mild cramps, but no blood or spotting. am i paranoid or should i be worried?? ?

i had a tubal ligation 8 months ago and havn,t had a period since july and its now september,i did a test and it is positive,i had a scan and a vaginal scan and nothing showed up,while having the vaginal i had pain and pins and needles on my left side.the symptoms i,ve had are diziness,constant tiredness and nausea.im really really worried any info would be appreciated

well my period was bout 6 days late and for about a couple weeks i been gettin this pain inmy lower right side. then i started spotting then a couple days later it started red still not as heavy as my period. im still gettin the pain and now im bout done bleeding. i bled for like 11 days. went to doc waiting on blood test results

I had an ectopic pregnancy about 5 years ago, I was 37 years old.  I never had any bleeding, so don't think you absolutely don't have an ectopic if you aren't bleeding.  I was having pain in my side/abdomen for 2 months and just did not go to the doctor.  I held my side every time I walked.  All of the sudden I got out of bed to go to work and the pain hit.  Everything went dark and I was covered in sweat and could not hear.  Believe it or not was rushed to er and told I had constipation and dr sent me home with a demoral shot.  It made me so sick and the pain was unbearable every time I threw up.  My mom called back to the er and told them I was dying.  Finally they decided to have a dr look at the cat scan that they did and I got a call and said come back NOW don't make any stops.  I was rushed to surgery and lost my left tube.  Dr who did my surgery said if I had ever fallen asleep I would have never woke up I was so close to death.  If you feel like something is wrong, don't take no for an answer, make them do a scan and have the dr read it immediately!!!!!  I was told later than ectopic can be difficult to diagnose. 

Honey the baby would not have been saved either way. With an ectopic the baby has implanted itself somewhere other than the uterus, it cannot be removed and placed in the uterus, at all, once you go into surgery the baby dies. If you don't go into surgery your tube ruptures and you bleed internally and you have a 3 to 4 hr window to get to the hospital otherwise you will bleed to death.