I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago, I took home pregnancy test and it is positve. Does anyone know about Ectopic pregnancys? Symptoms?,is the dr. visit like? what happens if it is an ectopic preganancy??

Ectopic pregnancies can happen to anyone, regardless if you have a tubal lig or not...

The only way to know is to get an ultrasound. IF IT is an ectopic pregnancy they may have to do surgery to remove the tube, or else it could rupture and become life threatening. There are also doctors who Prescribe Methotrexate for ectopic pregnancies, which is a medication.. Not all docs do this.

IF IT IS NOT ectopic than you decide what you want to do at that point.

Ectopic pregnancy is when it is started outside of the uterus. Approximately 30% of women who have had an ectopic pregnancy will have difficulty getting pregnant again. There is no clear reason for ectopic pregnancies. If you develop one, there is a great chance that you have some sort of scarring within your uterus or fallopian tubes. The symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are abdominal or pelvic pain, a missed period, signs of early pregnancy, vaginal bleeding not caused by menstruation, dizziness or fainting, low blood pressure when bleeding is severe.
If you have some of these symptoms, that could look just like the normal pregnancy, you should be examined by your doctor. You should do the pelvic exam to determine if your uterus is enlarged. Another test is to check hormone levels in the blood.
If an ectopic pregnancy is strongly suspected then the gynaecologist will perform a laparoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. Laparoscopy is performed through small incisions on the abdomen and the ectopic pregnancy can usually be removed in this manner.

Hi I had a tubal pregnancy 4 years ago and the only thing that i can say for sure is that there was alot of pressure on my left side and spotting. The doctors did not pick up on it at first in the E.R. It is best to see your doctor if you even think there is a slight possibilty of tubal pregnancy. It is a life threating ordeal. There were things that seemed normal about my pregnancy yet the pressure and pain made me know it was not. Hope you found this to help

I had to have my right falopian tube removed in November of 2007. I went to the doctor about a month and a half earlier to go for my first doctor visit being pregnant. Everything was fine then a couple weeks went by and I started bleeding pretty bad so I went to the doctor and they said I had a miscarriage and they were going to wait it out to see if my body would naturally expel the pregnancy. As I went to the doctor every week after for my check up my blood levels were still rising so they were confused. I went for an ultra sound but couldn't see a pregnancy anywhere. Finally, we knew I had a miscarriage. One morning after waking up I was having bad labor pains (thats what it felt like, I'm already a mother of one) So I went to the doctor and they sent me for an ultra sound and blood work. They still couldnt find anything. So they wanted to do a D&C as they were doing that they had to open me up like I had a c-section to remove my right falopian tube. Now, Im still having complications and pain but less pain than before. I may not be able to have more children but I thank God everyday for the one I have