Hello, I am 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I did a home pregnancy test 6 days before my missed period because I was having some cramping, implantation bleeding I was assuming. Anyhow, I got a faint pink line on that pregnancy test. So assuming I was pregnant I just asked the doctor for a blood test and that comfirmed the results. That was last tuesday, so I was between 3/4 weeks pregnant. Anyway, For a day or two now I have been noticing not really pain, but an annoyance feeling the right side of my abdomen, its not there all the time, just every now and then i will feel it i wont even have to be doing anything and I feel it. Yesterday I coughed and it hurt a little bit. i am so worried about an ectopic pregnancy. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow but want to know if anybody else has experienced this before. I have also been reading about ovarian cysts while pregnant. I have no other symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy. I havn't had any spotting and it is 2 days since my missed period. Also, I feel like I dont pee as much as I am used to...is that normal?

My other question was, if you felt implantation cramps, that means the embryo is in the uterus right, not somewhere else?

I am just so worried please somebody respond.

Cramping is very normal in early and even later pregnancy. So this isn't an indicator that a pregnancy is where it should be. The best way to determine that is to have an ultrasound done approximately at 7weeks.

As for the pain in your side it could be a "functional" cyst, which is called a corpus litium. This kind of cyst helps support a pregnancy in the early weeks.

Hi Kaytee.
I have just came by your post by chance. I have not long found out i am pregnant ( about 6-7 weeks ) but 3 - 4 weeks ago, prior to knowing i was pegnant i was experiencing annoying, sore pain 9as you describe) on my right side! this is what prompt me to go to doctors and found out i was pregnant. My doctor is just passing the pain off as a result of being pregnant she said "its where it has been implanted" what???.
I too, am very concerned and was hoping that you could reply with what ever your doc says! im due to go back on wednesday to give my decision on the pregnancy...!
Would be grateful!
Kay

I came across this and want to reply. I am recovering from an ectopic pregnancy and want to warn you to listen to your body ! The nurse told me not to worry and that I was fine, when I called twice. Well I was not fine (chances are you are fine, but I was not). If you think something is wrong and want to be seen by the DR then you might have to exaggerate your concerns. I did and found out just in time that I had to have emergency surgery, that same day. My tube could not be saved, but at least I am alive to talk about it. The Dr. was not going to see me til my 10th week - this happened between 8/9 weeks. Listen to your body, you are your best advocate !!!!

I had an ectopic pregnancy in April of 2007. I was having daily spotting of blood, so I took a home pregnancy test. It was a faint pink line, so I went to planned parenthood. Negative result. Still having spotting and soreness the next week, so I had another test at planned parenthood. Negative result.

2 weeks later, I am sick with fever (104 degrees), terrible muscle soreness and aches, and simi-delirious. Go to the hospital, thinking I am having an asthma attack mixed with the flu. I tell the doctor about my gynocological symptoms. Postive pregnancy test. I am shocked. Ultrasounds are performed and the doctor determines I am in the throws of a miscarraige.

I am referred to an OB/GYN who I see the next day. I am given a blood test and told to come back the next week for another one. Everyone believes I've had a miscarraige. Turns out, I am in the throws of an ectopic pregnancy. I go to the hospital and have a type of chemo-therapy treatment that attacks the cells dividing in my tube. My tube is saved.

So, fast forward to today. I took a home pregnancy test on Friday, positive. I trust the home pregnancy test (given my previous experience) and call my nurse. This pregancy is planned, so I had already met with an OB and had pre-conception counseling. I am feeling isolated persistant pain in my right side that hurts worse when I try to sneeze or do something like ride my bike. I am VERY concerned. I took a blood test Saturday morning and I am going to my OB this morning to take another test for comparison. I am demanding that the lab results are processed immediately. I'm not leaving her office without an answer.

Listen to your body and demand attention. Everything could be absolutely fine, but you deserve peace of mind no matter what! The stress and fear you have isn't going to be good for the pregnancy either. At least an acceptable answer will put you at ease so that you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I'm terrified and procrastinating about my 8:30 AM doctor's visit. But I'm going!

I too, came across these post and wanted to share my story. Well I have been trying for the past 6 years to get pregnant, and finally about 1 week ago I took my pregnancy test and came out positive. I was so happy because it took a long time. I quickly scheduled an appointment with my DR. and he could not see the baby in the uterus. However, he did see something in my tubes but before giving an answer he made me take to types of blood test. I get my result tomorrow. I am so worried. If my calculations are correct I should be 3/4 weeks pregnant. I have been so depressed since I did the blood work, I don't know what to expect.

Do you guys think its to soon to detect extopic pregnancy?

I just now came across your post Kaytee87 and I am experiencing the same right sided annoying feeling that you experienced. I have been very worried I have an ectopic pregnancy. I was wondering what you found when you went to the doctor after this post.

HI! I was curious to know if the pain in your right side is worse if you push on it slightly. I am having the same thing but when I bend over the cabinet or my son sits on my stomach it hurts. I don't know if I am pregnant yet but we TTC during ovulation and I have been peeing constantly, really tired, bloated, and have this weird pain/tenderness.

I just wanted to share my story with you. On Saturday August 3, I took a Preganacy test and it was positive in the same breath I was wiping after urination and there was blood on the toilet paper. I originally thought I was having a miscarriage. I waited until Sunday to go to the emergency room. I was going to be out of town for the next week and thought it best that I find out what was going on. The emergency room took blood and 45 minutes later came in to tell me Congratulations! You are pregnant! So off to the ultrasound. During the ultrasound they were not able to find the fetus, she switched to a vaginal ultrasound and found a 5 week 5 day fetus with a heartbeat implanted into my tube. I went in for emergency surgery in hopes of saving the tube, which so far is ok. The reason I want to tell you my story is because, I had NO PAIN, NO CRAMPING, NOTHING! I listened to my body that something was not right and was able to get to the hospital in enough time to save my tube. Ladies, please listen to your bodies!

Hi... what is the update from you. I too had something similar in 2007 July.. kinda etopic but the HCG levels came down on its own. This month I found some brown spotting and then my periods cames on the due date, but I am experiencing some mild pain in the right side lower abdomen while passing my bowels... hence am worried. I haven't taken any pregnancy test, since my period arrived on time.

Always listen to what your body is telling you!!!! I am curious how everyone else is doing? This is my story and I hope it will help others. Nine years ago I began cramping very slightly at random times that were never consistent. After taking a negative pregnancy test I started spot bleeding days later. Eventually the pain worsened till I could barely move so I went to the hospital. They confirmed I was pregnant and sent me for a internal ultrasound. I noticed the gentlemen circling and marking free fluid although I asked if everything was alright he said I had to wait for the DR. Unfortunately I had to be rushed in for emergency surgery. My tube had ruptured and the DR "saved" my tube. Although sore for a few days everything turned out okay.
Four years later and two years of trying I became pregnant and had a very normal and easy pregnancy. And now have a three year old son. However, after he was born I tried to get pregnant about seven months later. Thinking it took so long the previous time, but I got pregnant right away. A pregnancy test turned out positive and I went to my DR right away. Slight cramping started more on the left side but would come and go. After two weeks of monitoring my HcG levels and no bleeding they confirmed another ectopic pregnancy and I was given methotrexate. It made me very sick for a few days both physically and mentally. The hardest part was realizing that the pregnancy couldn't be saved.
I just found out on Friday I am pregnant again this will be my last time. I took a test at home because I noticed the slight cramping. This time I am going to handle it alot differently with my DR and demand my levels get tested every two days to ensure they are increasing normally. Having gone through two already the best advise I can ever give is to listen to your body. Both of mine were very different because I knew the signs early on and listened!!!!

HI my husband and i have only been trying for our second child now for two months and this morning i started feeling pains on my right side also and started to do some searches on the net and found out alot of different things could be wrong but there was one i dont remember what its called but can leave a woman infertile so that leaves my worried also.

I too am worried I have had chlamydia twice and am worried that it has damaged my fallopian tubes, I have had 5 positive at home pregnancy tests each getting more darker every time (over a week) but have started to feel a slight dull annoying pain in my right lower abdomin going to the doctors tomorrow for a proper pregnancy test I just hope this is all nothing but with my track record with chlamydia things might not be very hopeful.
How did your results go?

I am worried too, I've had two ectopic pregnancy one 2007, 2008 on the right side my tube was save with the medincation the two shots, I been told by and inferility DR. that there is no way for me to become pregnant. because my left tube is block and my right tube have had two ectopic and it no good. If you have receive the medication for the ectopic it's save the tube from being removed but it scares the tube for pregnancy. Right now I am having the same pain I have had before on the same right side. But it is really early just missed my period.

For all women out there, never take a chance. Though i am only 18, my first pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy and i nearly died from it. I had been pregnant for a month, but had no idea because i had had a regular period two weeks prior and thought i was in the safe mode. I had been experiencing slight bursts of pain on my right side and thought i had gall bladder problems or kidney stones. I was on my way to Seattle when i received a more noticeable stab in my right side and decided at that moment to make a doctor's appointment. Tuesday night, my boyfriend and i were in the middle of sex when i suddenly felt a huge rush of heat and slight cramping on my right side. I decided not to panic and waited half an hour to see if the pain would subside. When it did not, we headed to emergency room #1. At this point, the pain had increased ten-fold and was having trouble walking. I was not offered a wheel chair and sat on a cold hard table for 5 hours with no pain meds and the nurses didn't check on me once. When the doctor finally did come in, he touched my bladder area briefly and ran a urine test. DID NOT CHECK FOR PREGNANCY!!!! he diagnosed me with a UTI. When my boyfriend tried to point out that i was already on antibiotics, he was treated rudely and we were sent home. Not even an hour after i was home, i went to use the bathroom, nearly passed out and vomited from the pain and was excreting a lot of blood out of the urine. We called 911, and were once again told that i was exaggerating and since i was 18, there was nothing wrong with me. But when i woke up in the morning and couldn't breathe because my chest muscles were cramping and i was terrified to use the bathroom because of the pain it caused me, I made the decision to travel a bit to a much bigger hospital. When i got there they offered me a wheel chair because my boyfriend was carrying me because i was unable to walk. They tested for everything right away and noticed something was severely wrong when my clotting agents were up. I was a positive for pregnancy but they did not associate it with an ectopic pregnany. I was on pain meds and so happy that people were finally listening to me. When they did an ultra sound, they could not find the baby, so they called in the chief of gynecology at 1 am. She came and found the baby growing on my uterus. My fallopian tube had shattered and i had severe bleeding in my abdomen, and had only 12 hours until my lungs filled with blood. They managed to save my life, but i lost both the baby and my tube. SO PLEASE!!!!! NEVER HESITATE. It can happen in under 48 hours. listen to the signs. If you even suspect, and have pains, go to a doctor and if he turns you away, find another. I don't want anyone else to have to suffer what i did because i was in excruciating pain.