I had my fallopian tube removed due to a tubal pregnancy (about 7 weeks pregnant) about 3 weeks ago. Can you please tell me how long I have to wait before trying again and what would happen if I got pregnant right away?

Hi there...I do not have the answer to your question but I was wondering if you had gotten any kind of info from a doctor??I was about a month pregnanct(in March) and I had my tube removed also bc it was tubal.I really want to have a baby but I dont know how long towait or risks,such as if i will have ot have a c section or what??could you please let me know if you hear anythign at all??

i had a ep about 3-4 weeks ago. The doc said i can start to try again after 4-6 weeks. It just depends on how long it takes for your periods to regulate. He also said if i have 1 working fallopian tube it would only take on average (every1 is different) to concive and then you can be referd to a fertility/infertility clinic to improve your chances and help you along your way!
Hope this information helps as i know how hard informatio0n like this can be to find.

I just want to say that I have been reading these message boards and searching on things in google for 2 years now. I finally felt that I had something valuable to contribute.

After 2 years of unexplained secondary infertility, we had an HSG that revealed a hydrosalpix (fluid-filled cyst in the fallopian tube). That was the cause of our infertility. I had the entire tube removed (salpingectomy) and that was on day 10 of my cycle. They told me to try getting pregnant that month. We didn't and we thought it would be a while because we though the next month (this cycle) I'd ovulate on the bad side.

Well after two years, I got my positive pregnancy test (times because I love seeing it turn positive). So this was actually the first full month after the salpingectomy.

It is still so surreal because we found out yesterday.

Hang in there, it SUCKS to be on this journey wanting a baby and not getting one. However, I don't think post-surgery requires ANY waiting. However, if your salpingectomy was due to a tubal pregnancy, that may be a reason to wait. You don't have to wait if the reason for the salpingectomy was a hydrosalpinx.

I hope this helps . . .

Alison

Hi Alison,

So great to hear this news! Congratulations on the birth of your baby!

I am in the same situation as you. My husband & I trying to conceive and is exactly the same condtion: sactosaplinx in right tube. Can I ask you who your doctor is?

Thank you so much!

Anonymous

I had a tube removed only five weeks ago and I just found out I'm pregnant! Don't lose hope.

Hello...i had a salpingectomy in May and have been eager to start trying. My husband and I started trying 2 months ago and have had no luck yet. We are worried that I may not be able to concieve. ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the information you have provided. I have been devastated that I had to have my right tube removed. I began spotting two days after discovering I was pregnant. My tube did not rupture, but I was rushed to surgery because I was at risk of rupture occurring. I did not have laporoscopic, but a small bikini cut.

I am so frightened that I won't be able to have kids. I'm 31 and my husband and I kept putting it off. Have others had traditional salpingectomies? If so, what should I expect re: vaginal spotting and recovery?
Thanks so much

I had an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy in 2006 which resulted in a salpingectomy (removal of 1 fallopian tube) Now, 2 1/2 years later I'm 36 weeks pregnant and everything has gone normally. My doctor did tell us to wait at least a year before trying again but I will not need a c-section or any other precautionary measures. There is hope! :-)

Hello Everyone
I too just had a salpingectomy (right tube was removed) due to an ectopic pregnancy. I knew it the whole time it was ectopic. I am in recover time now. It has been only a week and few days. I will be seeing my doctor next week. I am 35 yrs old and I am worried about being able to concieve again. My left tube is in good condition. Has anybody had any luck? How long did it take you to concieve after salpingectomy?

Thanks
Desperate to have a baby, Just want to be blessed with one baby

I know how you feel! I just had a salpingectomy, too on 4/13/09. I'm 36 and we've been trying for 3 years. The MD told me that we could start trying again in a month. But not knowing where I am in the cycle after surgery may present difficulty. Anyone know about when a period is expected?

By the way, for the person above who also just had this surgery in April '09, hang in there - that's what we have to do - just keep trying... (I can't wait til Mother's Day (tomorrow) is over! It's a constant reminder...)

I have also recently had a salpingectomy to remove an ectopic pregnancy and was told to wait at least 3 months before trying again. Everything Ive read online agrees with that. It makes sense to let your body heal first as a growing baby would stretch your internal wounds and cause internal bleeding. I cant believe your doctors havent said this to you. Patience isnt easy but is necesary

Just had an emergency salpingectomy last Thursday (left fallopian tube burst - eptopic pregnancy). I have a follow-up visit scheduled next week with my ob/gyn. The fertility doctor said to contact him for the next stages of our IVF treatment "when I'm ready." I'm not clear what that means nor what recovery is supposed to be like. I'm very crampy and have been spotting. Is that normal?

Hi, Everyone,

I had my left tube removed (due to an ectopic pregancy) in 2002 and have been pregnant three times after the surgery. I urge u to be patient. Just hang in there, there is hope.

I just had my tube removed as well, due to an ectopic pregnancy. Luckily we were in the ER when it ruptured -the day before my first scheduled Obgyn appointment. This was was my first pregnancy and my Obgyn told us to wait 3 months before trying again. I've read several sites that say it really doesn't matter a whole lot. But the reasoning that made the most sense to me was that by waiting you allow your body and emotions to heal. In addition, once your cycle regulates, you can be certain of your due date and it will make you less apprehensive about the development of your little one. I liked the second point a lot as it made sense to me.

My first check up is tomorrow. I wish God's peace for all of us who are facing this difficult time in our lives.