Ok a little background info...I have a 5 1/2 yr old and my baby just turned 4. I have had 2 miscarriages one in 11/08 and one in 03/09. The end of June i started feeling kinda funny. The normal pregnancy symptoms, since I have already had 2 kids I thought I knew for sure that I was pregnant. I took a test and it came up postitve in seconds...woohoo it was finally goning to happen this time 3rd times the charm right?? For me it wasnt. On 08/08/09 I had been out running errands and had got dizzy, I thought it was because it was 103* outside. I got home and I started to feel like I had a UTI (just like I felt when my 2nd miscarrage started)I waited until I couldnt wait anymore, and I went to the E.R. They siad that they thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy. They checked my hcg level and it was 4300. I was there through out the night. They did an ultrasound and found nothing, I should have been 4 weeks and 5 days (my husband made fun of me cuz I though tI had the dates perfect lol) They kept asking now are you sure you are that far along? Of course I was sure!! They said that my cervix was completely closed so there was no way I could have had a miscarriage. Well around 7am on 09/09/09 I was given meds cuz I was throwing up, not even 10 mins later I felt like I was having a heart attack and contractions at the sametime. The dr (he actually delivered my youngest) came in and said that he firmly believed I was having an ectopic pregnancy and I needed emergency surgery before my fallopian tube ruptured. I was terrified, so I called my husband who was home with the kids and told him what was going on. Not even 10 mins later I was in the O.R being sedated. That afternoon after surgery the dr came in and explained what happened. He told me that during surgery they were unable to find a baby in my fallopian tube, however, they did find cysts in my left fallopian tube as well as my right ovary. He said that they were big, I dont remember the size I was pretty doped up. He said that since they didnt see a baby in my tube he was going to give me a dose of a chemo drug called Methotrexate and if there was a baby inside me somewhere it would abort it. I was given the shot the next day and released. That was a friday I went in for my follow up on monday had labs done and my hcg was now at 8,000. The dr said it was too soon to go down so i had to come back on friday. I did and my hcg was 10,000. I was given another dose of Methotrexate, and told to follow up the next week. well it is now 08/22/09 I still havent had a period and my hcg level is 6,000. I have read that ovarian cysts can cause false positive pregnancy results and I believe thats what happened with me, but everytime I talk with th drs they say " you have such an abnormal case we dont know whats going on" so I hope that someone reading this will have some kind of idea or been through something like this. I have no idea when I will start my period if the long is normal...PLEASE HELP I dont have anyone to talk to about this because they are all so baffeled by the situation. Thank u

Hi Katrina, I just wanted to post a few words of support here. Unfortunately, I don't really have any answers for you because it sounds to me like you do have an unusual situation...but have they checked you for cysts? I wasn't able to tell if they did or not from what you said. Can you let me know?

I HAD A SIMILAR THING HAPPEN TO ME. HERE IS A LITTLE OF MY HISTORY. I HAD AN ETOPIC PREGNANCY THAT RUPTURED MY TUBE CAUSING ME TO BLEED INTERNALLY AND I ALMOST DIED. THE DOCTORS REMOVED OVER A PINT OF BLOOD IN MY STOMACH AND THE DAMAGED TUBE. I WAS COUGHING UP BLOOD THANK GOD FOR HIS MIIRACLE I'M ALIVE. YEARS LATER I GAVE BIRTH TO MY SON WHO IS ANOTHER MIRACLE. NO PROBLEM DURING PREGNANCY BUT VERY DIFFICULT C SECTION DELIVERY. I HAD ONLY ONE GOOD TUBE BECAUSE OF MY PREVIOUS ECTOPIC SO I AM TRULY GRATEFUL TO GOD. YEARS LATER WHEN MY SON WAS FIVE I GOT PREGNANT I STARTED SPOTTING AND THE DOCTORS COULD NOT FIND THE FETUS AND FEARED ANOTHER ETOPIC SO I HAD EMERGENCY SURGERY. THEY TRIED TO USE A LAPROSCOPIC SCOPE BUT DUE TO SCAR TISSUE THEY HAD TO OPEN ME UP. THEY SAID THEY IRRIGATED MY ONE TUBE AND FOUND NOTHING THEY FELT THAT I MISCARRIED AND CLOSED ME UP. WHILE RECOVERING IN THE HOSPITAL MY PREGNANCY LEVELS STARTED TO INCREASE. THEY TOLD ME THE PREGNANCY LEVELS WOULD NOT PRODUCE A VIABLE PREGNANCY AND THEY COULD NOT FIND THE FETUS SO THEY GAVE ME METHOTREXATE SHOT. AFTER WEEKS IN THE HOSPITAL I BEGGED TO GO HOME TO MY HUSBAND AND SON. THEY AGREED FOR ME TO GO HOME IF I WOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR WEEKLY FOR BLOOD WORK UNTIL THE PREGNANCY LEVEL DECREASED AND EVENTUALLY IT DID. THEY TOLD ME I HAD CYST ON BOTH OVARIES. I WAS NEVER ABLE TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD . MY SON IS NOW 24 YEARS OF AGE AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SOMEONE WHO WENT THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILAR.

Very similar happened to me. I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy after 10 ultrasound's and they didn't find anything at all, they were all clean except for cysts they found on my left ovary. I was in a lot of pain on my right one and that's why I had gone to see the doctor. After 2 weeks (if there was such as thing as a baby in there or a sac for a baby, then it would've been 9 to 10 weeks long). They still didn't find anything but I was in so much pain they diagnosed it with ectopic and gave me methotrexate. I do have to say that I was relieve the pain went away because it was like a sharp pain in my right pelvic area that I couldn't walk anymore. But I also felt guilty, because I didt know if it was or not a baby. And then I cried and let it all out!

I have had polycystic ovaries before and I finally found a doctor who explained it to me because at the time all the doctors that saw me said the same thing as yours: we really dont know what is causing the pain. It got to the point that when they did the ultra sounds I was screamed at the top of my lungs and the girl kept apologizing to me and Im said to her: its ok I just want you to know where the pain is and for you to tell me that you see something!!! Please tell me there is something there!!!... which she never did.

Any way, I think (from what I have read) that POCs elevate HCGs and so it can be misdiagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. You are the only one that I know that had almost the same as me, so thank you for sharing.

Hello im going through a situation similar to yours. I was told that i had ovarian cysts back in 2014 they never went any where. so just recently this year at the beginning of last month September i found out i was 5weeks pregnant but all of a sudden one day i started bleeding went to the E.R and they didnt see anything my cervix was closed and they saw no baby. A couple of days before that i had a ultrasound done at my obgyn's office and he said he saw a gestational sac.a couple of day went by still bleeding and come to find out i had a miscarriage (ectopic pregnancy) some how the baby was not where it was supposed to be it was behind my uterus attached to my sidewall.How i dont know im still clueless of how i go from seeing a sac to not seeing one at all ive hade to get a shot of methotrexate to shrink it. I questioned my doctor about several things but im not getting any answers im looking for, like how did it move, will i be able to have any more kids, if i tried will the same thing happen again? Ect. If anyone has been through a situation please feel free to comment

Hi! Im so sorry you've gone through all this. I feel you on many levels. I was just looking up what I had gone through a few yrs back, just to see what percent of women had gone through it and what the future percentage rate was if I actually decided to conceive.

I am living with MS. At the time I had an ectopic pregnancy & ruptured cyst simultaneously... I was on Methotraxate. It was a trial MS treatment. I would receive a infusion of the chemo drug directly into my spine every 6 weeks. That continued for almost 3yrs. My neurologist told be "clearly" to not get pregnant because my pregnancy would either end &/or if I did get pregnant, we'd have to terminate... due to the side effects of the drug.

Short of a long. I was 34, in great shape, took great care of myself. Yes, was/am living w/MS but accidentally conceived w/my long term boyfriend. It's was a double hit and the worst experience I've ever ever gone through. Chemo infusions into my spine every 6 weeks for close to 3yrs was a walk in the park compared to what went down, the day I literally and physically went down.

Passed out on a pool deck on Labor Day weekend. Had no clue I was pregnant. Also, I had never passed out in my life before this day. Was rushed to the hospital in pain that no words can describe. Quick ultra sound showed the my abdomen was full of blood and urine showed I was pregnant.

Like most, had immediate emergency surgery to remove the ectopic, drain the blood & fuse my cyst that had ruptured... fortunately I still have both tubes. I did spend 3 nights in the hospital in excruciating pain. & took the full 14 weeks of recovery time for my pregnancy # to drop. They say that's normal, but I 110% understand your nightmare. Apparently the cysts will come and go, I am no longer on Methotrexate, 3 yrs off of it now, but still scared to death to go down the preganancy road again.

Thank you for sharing your story. I've mentioned this to a few people and not many have been through it or even know how to comprehend how taxing it is physically & emotionally. I'll revisit this post/page if/when I do decide to make the big commitment and keep you guys looped in. Again, thank you so much for sharing! Much Love