I have an interesting situation and any help would be greatly appreciated. I had my last "regular" period on April 14, and had unprotected sex on May 5 and 6. I took Plan B on the 7th. On May 13 i thought that i was having my period, it was a bit lighter and my cramps were a little more intense. i took a hpt today (may 21) and the result was negative but i still have cramps, both in my abdominal and stomach area...is there any explanation for these cramps? Also, would there be a positive or negactive result on a hpt if a pregnancy was ectopic?

According to everything you said, this sounds like the ectopic pregnancy, but lets not rush with the conclusions. You check it out with your gynecologist. The symptoms you have are the ones that occur when you have the ectopic pregnancy, for example you can feel the abdominal or pelvic pain, a missed period and all the signs of the early pregnancy. You also experienced the vaginal bleeding which was not your regular period and this is also one of the symptoms. Have you experienced dizziness, fainting, weakness or vomiting?
If you have all of these symptoms, you should go see your doctor and go have the ultrasound done so that you can be sure what is going on there inside or outside the uterus.
My friend also had the ectopic pregnancy and she missed her period, when she did the pregnancy test it showed a negative result, it just didn’t detect the pregnancy even if it was outside the uterus.
Hang in there and wish you luck with all this.

i had aan ectopic pregnancy. my test did come out positive but in the ultrasound the baby was not found also in ectopic your hgc levels are high so a pregnancy test can detect a pregnancy. also ur having abdominial pain you should definalty get that checked out. good luck

On the 3rd day of my period i had unprotected sex now about 2 weeks on im having bad lower back pain,dioreaha and stomach pains, could i be pregnant

In October I had unprotected sex. A few days after I started my period but it wasnt normal at all it was very light. In November the same thing happen except my period was even lighter. In December I didnt even have one. So I have taken a home pregnancy test and it says negative but I have all the symptoms, Nausea, Back hurts, Moody, Headaches. And I am starting to see a change in my body. I have stomach cramps and my boobs are growing. But this morning when I got up and used the bathroom there was blood again very light. Could this be my period or am I pregnant and its just not showing on the home pregnancy test? And why am I still having light periods if I am pregnant?

I have had two ectopic pregnancies, the last one being the worst. The doctors could not see a baby in the ultrasound and I was bleeding and cramping, they told me i was miscarrying. They told me it was not ectopic. A couple weeks later, still pregant, same problems, they told me I must be pregant again and miscarrying again, I told them impossible but they insisted, finally after 3.5 mos pregant the pregnancy ruptured in the upper part of my tube and I had a great amount of internal bleeding and had to have emergency surgery to remove the tube and blood tranfusion, a very traumatic and painful experience. Please anyone who may think they have ectopic pregnancy, it is very serious and insist that doc check it out, if they wont, find one who will before it is too late. All the stories on here are greatly appreciated and give me great hope. Thanks everyone. :-)

i didnt start my periods last month my period date was on the 19th of april but i didnt start i started to get pains in my lower abdomen feel weak dizzy n vomity feelin, i did 5 pregnancy test they were all negative i went to my midwife she sed i cud b 6 weeks pregnant, so i decided to ring nhs up, they referred me to out of hours docz,i went there he sed it cud b an ectopic pregnancy but he needed a pregnancy test which was positive, how the hell can i get a positive pregnancy test??!!! but the other thing was yesterday saturday 3rd of may i started to get spottin bleedin n crampz got a bit worse,,,,,,
i dont know whts wrong can sum1 plz help me, n tell me can a pregnancy test b positive in an ectopic pregnancy?????

Ok. I have 3 children, last being 10months. I had my tubes fixed (not sure if they were "tied" or "cut and burnt". Either way. . . .My last cycle was 5/14, as normal. But throughout the month I have been having pains in my girly area, just about the hair line area. Feels like a sharp stabbing every now and then. The inside gets a sharp stabbing feeling every now and then too. I have a bit of pain during the deed, needless to say it has been slim. But.. . .I am now 5 days late and I am always, always ontime, unless I'm pregnant. Could this be an ectopic pregnancy? I know it may be sad to say. . .but I don't want anymore children, that's why I had this procedure done. I am suppost to go on vacation tomorrow. . .do I need to go to the ER today to have this checked first? I have taken 2 pregnancy tests 2 days ago and they were negative.

Just wanted to put in, I had an ectopic pregnancy and I had positive pregnancy tests at home and the doctor's, but I hadn't missed a period, and I was bleeding two weeks after my last period too, I'm just resaying what a lot of people are and get it checked out if you have even a thought of it being ectopic,

Just want to add in here that in my situation i got positive hpt 3times went to the doctor and it was confirmed. i was rushed to the hospital one night because of bad shoulder pain. at the hospital they didnt do a darn thing for me told me i must have strained it because i had no bleeding, no pain near my uterus. Now the thing is i did have some abdominal pain that they said was due to constipation!!! they sent me home with 3 tylenol and said take it easy at work!! now 2 weeks after i seen my doctor and its inevitable that it is ectopic!!! i will have to get surgery and possibly never have children. i had a miscarriage last year due to hypothyroidism and one termination due to being 14 yrs old and not ready for a child...now my question is will i ever have a normal healthy pregnancy? has anyone out there had a similar experience? im dying to know anyone!! please

I am in a similar situation to some of you. I had a condom split 7weeks ago, took the morning after pill and I am still not on. I have been feeling sick for the last 2 weeks, but no actual vomitting, and in the last few days have been getting cramps... not like period pain, more like trapped wind. I have done 2 negative tests and been to the doctor who has told me it was just stress. I asked for a test and he wont give me the blood test until after I have doen (another) urine one. The results from that won't be beck until after xmas now and I am feeling very scared and alone. The doctor keeps saying it is stress, but these cramps are not mu normal cramps. I dont know what to do or who to turn to. Plus, they say the chance of an ectopic pregnancy increases when you take the morning after pill, but they also say you shouldn't be more than 5 days late, and I am now over 2 weeks late...

Hi, I'm not sure if you still come on this site,but I was just reading your post. I was wondering what happened...were you pregnant? I am going through the same thing. I had 4 kids, all C-sections. I had my tubes done(cut and burnt,I think). I have always been regular and now I am over a week late for my period. I have done 2 home pregnancy tests a few days apart and both were negative. I have every sign of being pregnant...tired, urinate a lot, nauseous,bright yellow urine, my uterus sometimes gets that "stretching" feeling etc. I haven't been to the doctor,of yet. I am almost 43. I had my last child when I was 40. Maybe someone on here has any advice? I thought maybe I am going through realy menopause, but when I checked out the symptoms of that...the only one I have is a pissed period. I do have some cramping...but dull, nothing severe and not really on either side. The same as mild period cramps.I did have spotting a few days before my period was due. Also, my last period was 5 days early and since my last C-section(and tubal at the same time) I have spotted after every period until I ovulate. With my last period, I didn't spot after it....until, like I said, a few days before this period was due. Any suggestions would help....thanks in advance!

My period was due May 25th ,it is now June 3rd.

I am only reposting this because I needed to edit.

i am having really bad stomach pains in my upper and lower stomach... it is also very tender to touch anywhere, i am constantly feelin nauseated and feeling sick to my stomach, could i be pregnant? please help me

Actually your hcg levels are low and don't double like they should. Many have false negatives on pregnancy tests.