I am 6 wks pregnant. I had brown spotting 1 day last week which I believed was implantation spotting due to perfect timing and my subsequent bfp. Today I have brown spotting since last night and am concerned it may be ectopic. I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago, and then a good pregnancy resulting in a beautiful baby in November. I assumed that because I had implantation spotting that this COULDNT be ectopic. Am I wrong??? Could it be???

As long as the spotting is not heavy and the colour is brown, it is quite common in early pregnancy. You need to go to the doctor if you have cramps, a heavy flow, or if the blood is red

If you develop the ectopic pregnancy, there is a great chance that you have some sort of scarring within your uterus or fallopian tubes. This may have been caused by infection, a previous ectopic pregnancy, the use of an IUD or as a result of your mother taking (DES) Diethylstilbestrol during your own fetal development. Once you have experienced an ectopic pregnancy, if you conceive again you have a 10-15% greater risk of having another. The symptoms of the ectopic pregnancy are abdominal pain, signs of early pregnancy, vaginal bleeding, dizziness etc.
Well, if you are having doubts about what kind of pregnancy you have developed, you can always make the appt at the hospital and have some tests done. Usually the doctor would do a pelvic exam and do the blood test to check the hormone levels in the blood.
Also, when you are pregnant, you can have the implantational cramps, especially in the period when you are supposed to get the period, so don’t you worry.
You can always do the tests so that you are not suspicious about the possible problems.

What happened was it ok, because I am 5 wks and noticed spotting yesterday

Implantation bleeding would not happen at 5-6 weeks!

Implantation happens 6-12 days after you have sex, if you fertilize an egg....

So you would be too late for implantation spotting.Dfinately see your OBGYN

Its brown spotting and I heard that it is pretty normal for the 1st trimester to spot a little

Spotting can happen for some preg women.Its common but it should not be bright red and heavy.I am preg too and had brown spotting in 5-6 weeks but all was fine with me.Sometimes when implantation occur a lil blood from that remains in uterus and later is flushed out...so it is for sure implantation bleeding even at 5-6 weeks that's what my RE told me.My sis had implantation bleeding for 8 weeks...so dont worry its common ....Unless bleed is heavy take it easy and make sure u consult with ur OB that everything is fine

i am 6wks pregnant and have had brown bleeding i went to local a&e and was given a scan and was told its an etopic pregnancy.like u i had my 1st etopic 2yrs ago and went on after to have a baby in the july.

I had 2 ectopic pregnancy (lost the tube on my left side) and both times my shoulders hurt, and I did bleed like crazy.

I just wanted to send this along for all of you that may be experiencing brown spotting and or minor cramping. Just had an ultrasound because I was worried sick. I had a D&C in March of this year so of course I was thinking the worst. However, to my pleasant surprise, everything is perfectly normal. We have a heartbeat and things are growing. The Dr. said that the brown spotting could be cause by implantation bleeding from the placenta. This and the cramping are normal and can happen in 25-30% of all pregnancies!

I am aware that this is an old thread but just to say it is NOT uncommon for implantation to occur at 6 weeks and im the proof of that ...it all depends when you ovulate in your cycle.

I too had brown at the beginning. Then everything cleared up. Two weeks later I had red blood for about a week and nothing heavy. It too cleared up and went back to brown. Not a lot of it either. Most of the time it was tan. Worried I got on the internet and read about how common it is. After 10 weeks we heard the heartbeat. The baby was strong. I was growing nicely and started to feel great. At 16 weeks my water broke and I lost the baby. Nothing is common in pregnancy. Everyones story is different. Get yourself checked out.

I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies and both times my shoulders hurt on the side of the ectopic pregnancy. I am now 4 weeks pregnant and feel lots of sharp pain on the left side.