I had an ectopic pregnancy 7 years ago, they removed my right tube. :-( My husband and I NEVER use protection and I have not come out pregnant ever since. I have a 16 year old (which I had young) and a 8 year old. We want one more child, desperately! I get so depressed every month when I get my period.
HAS IT TAKEN ANYONE THIS LONG TO COME OUT PREGNANT AFTER AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY?
My Dr. says I am fine but not once have I came out pregnant again. Every month I get a normal period with bad cramps especially the side without a tube. I do ovulate. I dont know what else to do or think?
SHOULD I HAVE HOPE?
ANY ADVICE IS GRATEFUL!!

i had an ectopic pregnancy 4 years ago lost right tube still have pain havnt fell pregnant since thinking of looking into ivf %-)

oh ladies... that's hard..
i am only starting out on this road. i had my ectopic last june 07 and lost the left tube. every month my heart breaks when i get my period. we are "trying" so to speak. i have painful periods which i never had but interestingly now i have pains on the otherside during my cycle which make me think that it is happening again... this is a nightmare. i have one child he is two and a half and i would love to have my family close together. l am thankfull for my son and you know what some people dont get to have any for lots of reasons. lots of my firends are having babies and i find it really difficult when i hear their news, i seem to ware it on my face. i dont know what to think. should i go and have myself looked at... or is it a case of keep trying...

Well, I had my first ectopic in 1994 in my right tube. Nothing was removed but the baby. Got pregnant again in 1996 and it ended in miscarriage. Found out I was pregnant again in 1998 after being rushed to hospital bleeding and in bad pain. They said they saw the baby in my uterus. However 3 days later, I was back at ER and they saw a swelling in the right tube and confirmed it was ectopic. After surgery they said they removed the right tube, ran dye in the left and that the left was not blocked and my chances of concieving again was good. They never could tell me what happened to the other baby they saw in the uterus other than I probably miscarried it. Needless to say, it's 10 years since my last ectopic and no pregnancy.

I wish I had the answer...My ectopic was on my birthday in Nov of 07. Prior to that it was easy for me to get preg...

Now we are ttc and i am not having any luck...I know when i ovulate but it seems that missing tube really plays a part in aiding sperm. I too have pain where tube is missing, my right side, and cannot figure out why they didnt remove the ovary. Whats the point if the tube isnt there???

I am 12dpo and hoping that my AF does not show up on Fri/Sat...Good luck to everyone

Hello

My name is Angelina I had two ectopic pregnancys back to back in 2003 a month apart first one caused no damage the second one they had to remove my right tube before these ectopic pregnancy's I had no problems getting pregnant I had five abortions the last one is most likely what caused me to have an ectopic pregnancy I feel so bad that I cant have children i also have a friend who had an ectopic pregnancy and she said that she took birth control pills for a year and became pregnant i have thought about trying that i have three nephews my sister wants to be an aunt its sad if you are wondering why i had all those abortions i was very young and the person i was with was very abusive and i was scared i hope you all much luck on your dreams of having a baby my prayers are with you all
angelina

hi i had an ectopic pregnancy 3 weeks ago it was my 4th child but lost one in between my 1st and 2nd, they took my right tube and now am scared to fall pergnant again, i have been having really bad pains on my right side and i just want to thank u all for all ur post i read them and know im not alone.

Thank u all and i wish u all the best

Hi I had a ectopic pregnancy in 2002, they remove my left tube and my doctor told me that I can get pregnant with one tube and it been 6 years and no baby what is wrong. Me and, my husband been trying for three years to get pregnant when I have my cycle I hurt alot. I don't know what to do I really want a baby I'm 25 about to be 26 years old don't have a baby it hurts me taht I can't give my husband a beautiful child it hurts so bab :$

There is hope ladies. I, too had an ectopic pregnancy (my first pregnancy) in 11/07. Tubes burst, had internal bleeding, lost my left tubes, the whole nine yards. I waited for six months (due to surgery) and feel pregnant ASAP. At the time, my heart was broken and it felt like I would never be with child. Now, I am six months preggars and no problems. I wish you all the best of luck!

I just had a ectopic pregnancy last Wednesday 3/4/09. the baby busted my right tube. the removed my right tube! I almost bleed to death... lost so much blood. I'm so scared of it happening again, but also scared of not gettn prego again! I have two babies now but wanted more. After reading all your post im scared.... it seems like it is so hard for so many ppl to get prego! thanks!

I suffered 3 miscarriages with a year and a half period before I had an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in me losing my left tube in April 2007.

I then had two more miscarriages since then most recently being in May 2008.

This morning I did a home pregnancy test which tuned out to be positive but I am feeling a lot of back pain and pain in my lower left side of my abdomen which once again has me scared.

Is this normal. As I do not want to get my hopes up too high just to be disappointed for the 7th time.

Hi ladies,

I to had a tubal pregnancy in 2006, my right tube bursted and that tube is not blocked. I have been trying to concive ever since. I do not feel ovultion anymore. I have to children with my first marriage ages 12 and 11 however my new husband has no children and wants a baby. It breaks my heart when his family is always asking us when were going to have a baby. It saddens me. I dont want to wait till i am 35 to have my last child i woukld like to give him a least one child my doctor says not to worry but if i dont conceve i am planning to ask my doctor for other methods. %-)

hi...

i had an ectopic in jan 08, and i ended up losing my left tube. for the rest of the year i was too afraid to try for a baby again, however i was pleased to see my periods return, and when i saw the first signs of ovulation (within 2 weeks) after the op i was so overjoyed!
basically i have taken things easy this year, but in april 09 i fell pregnant, uterine pregnantcy :-)

one hint on this particular month i laid perfectly still after sex for about 10 mins, had not practised this in previous attemps!
the chance of another ectopic is a very low percentage, and if you think about it, if it happens again you will be totally armed with the signs and symptoms to look for if you suspect all is not well....

stay possitive once you have had time to heal, i speak from someone who experienced this, and 18 months later sick to my stomach with morning sickness :-(

there is hope ladies i 2 had an eptopic pregnancy in november 07 and feel pregnant 7 months later ad i now have a beautiful son who is 3 months old i 2 thought id never fall pregnant again. gd luck to you all x

well i am the bearer of great hope, i had an ectopic when i was 37, they took the tube away, i have 3 children and was not planning on having anymore. but a little suprise happened in july last year and i now have a precious baby girl, so not only did i only have one tube , i was also 43 when i fell pregnant with her. best thing that has ever happened to me :-D :-D :-D