Hello! I have some strange pain in my foot and my friend told me that he had same problem when she had foot stress fracture. I will visit my doctor tomorrow but still I want to know how is foot stress fracture diagnosed? I want to know what medical exams I will do tomorrow. Thank you in advance!

Hello! The most important in diagnosing foot stress fracture are symptoms. I am telling you this because your orthopedist will perform x-ray the bone, but it is not unusually that foot stress fracture does not appear on x-ray. Maybe your doctor will do scanning, too. Generally speaking, when symptoms point to foot stress fracture, doctors suggest resting.

Hi there,
I am not sure if this is the only way but I think that have to scan your foot. I think that the best scanning option is X ray. X ray scan is very powerful and it will be able to notice any fractures in the bones. However you should talk to your doctor about this and see what is his suggestion. You don’t have to worry too much about this because doctor will be able to tell if you have foot stress fracture or not. You might also have some other issue, different from your friend’s. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best,
Danella