My father had a fall from stairs yesterday. We didn’t go to doctor but I think that we should because he still feels very strong pain. He has all symptoms of hip fracture. I want to ask somebody with experience can X - ray detect hip fracture? I hope that doctor can make right diagnosis.

Yes, of course. X-ray is necessary when you try to diagnose hip fracture. It can show exactly what part of your hip is fractured. Then your doctor will know what treatment is the best for your condition. You should know that there are few different types of hip fracture. Best wishes!

xray doesn't always show hip fracture. If the fracture is not displaced, sometimes an MRI needs to be done to show the fracture. "speaking from experience!"

Hi there,
You have to understand that X ray scan is very powerful scan that can diagnose your with many conditions. The bone scan is one of the main uses of X rays. I know that any fracture can be seen on X ray, so his hip fracture can also be noticed. If you want to have an accurate diagnose just take him to the hospital and they will scan his hip and than they can see if there are any fractures in his hip. Have you noticed any bruises or swelling around his hip? I hope that your father will get better and that this helped in any way.

All the best,
Danella