I have that strange feeling in my hand and feet. They are burning. It started few weeks ago. I was thinking that it will pass away but I think that it’s getting worse. I don’t know now should I go to doctor. Tell me, please, does peripheral neuropathy cause burning hands and feet?

Yes. Burning hands and feet is one of the most common signs of peripheral neuropathy. The tingling or burning and the loss of sensation in you feet or hands are very usual for people who are suffering from this disease. You should go to doctor as soon s you can. He or she will tell you what treatment is best for you.

Several neuropathy conditions cause severe and debilitating burning in all limbs. If you see that your hands or feet also look red, then look into Erythromelalgia. Or if you hands and feet look blue, then look in to Raynaud’s. To help control the neuropathy pain, stay in a cool climate, elevate your limbs and limit your activities during the day (to help the episodes during the night). Also, either stop or cut down on salt, sugar and no alcohol.