I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid recently. The only symptom I had was sudden weigh gain that I could just not get rid of. Ive never had much trouble with my weight, this is why it was so weird. I though ok, maybe I was starting menopause and thought my sex hormones were on the decline, so I talked to my doc and we did find decline but not of the sex hormones but the thyroid. It was quite shocking. Anyway, after being diagnosed with hypothyroid I started having another kind of problem. I started getting burning sensations in my hands and feet. It was so bad that I could not use my hands to do anything. My doc says this does happen to hypothyroid patients. I was talking to my friend about it and she said she knows that vitamin E could help with peripheral neuropathy. Is this true. Should I start with the vitamin E supplements?

One thing I have learned is that you dont do anything without consulting your doctor first. I also have problems with peripheral neuropathy but not due to hypo but hyperthyroid. My symptoms were much worse. Beside the pain and tingling and burning, I also had dizziness. Awful. Anyway, my doc did suggest some vitamins but it was not vitamin E alone. It was a combination of vitamin B complex and vitamin E in it. Make sure you dont take vitamin B6, because its known to worsen these symptoms. The combination I suggestion should also contain folate but like I have already said, talk to your doc about it first and see if s/he would suggest something.

CHECK INTO R-LIPOIC ACID FOR PN