Hi, I don’t know what is happening with a sole of my right foot. I completely lost a sensation at this area, and all I feel is numbness. What could be causing this? Does anybody know?

Hi, I had this problem few years ago. My both feet were affected with numbness, and I had a very strange feeling while I was walking. First, my doctor thought that I had a nerve injury. But after few tests, he realized that something else was causing numbness in my feet. Then he asked me if I often wear constricting shoes, and when I told him that my job requires high heels every day, he said that it is probably the cause of my numbness. I had to look for another job, because it was physically no longer possible to wear high heels. After some time, numbness was relieved. Maybe you also wear constricting shoes? If not, there are some other possible reasons for this condition, such as diabetes, peripheral artery disease, constricting stockings, sciatica, sole injury…

Numbness of my right foot started few years back after I had a cortisone shot for a heel spur; I blamed it on that for years until same thing happened on my left foot & now the soles of both feet are still numb & feel like they are made of shoe leather. Doctor is not sure what is causing my problem & said there is no treatment for it. I am not a "diabetic" but I did receive Chemo theapy for breast cancer couple years before that. I also have heart issues since then to a point they were going to inplant a difibulator, but before it happened I got better & it was not needed. This numb sole issue is driving me crazy & I wish I could do something about it. It is also very difficult to stand all day at work as my feet burn & realy hurt after couple of hrs. standing. I do not wear tight shoes or high heels, costricting stockings, sciatica or sole injury as mentioned in the previous post. I realy would like en answer so I can better deal with my problem.Does anyone out there have a similar infliction & what did they do about it ?