Hi, I have strange feeling in my legs, like a tingling sensation that stars in my toes and spreads upward. It sometimes occurs in my hands too. Could this be a peripheral neuropathy?

I had a peripheral neuropathy too. My symptoms began gradually, and I haven’t even noticed how fast they progressed. I have numbness in my arms that sometimes grows into a pain. It can hurt so much, that a slightest touch becomes agonizing. It is the hardest thing to cope with peripheral neuropathy at night. Then I have sharp, electric-like pain, and there is no way I can fall asleep for many hours. Because of these symptoms, I guess my sensory nerve is damaged. Some other possible causes of peripheral neuropathy are exposure to poisons, genetic makeup and bacterial and viral infections.

LOOK INTO R-LIPOIC ACID

all they tell me is i have neuropathy I don't know how many types there are, just diagnosed but having the same sympstoms you are and they have me on neurontin and norco for the pain.

alajac wrote:

LOOK INTO R-LIPOIC ACID

does r lipoic acid really work, they told me i will be dealing with this for life and no known cure. I am freaked out.

I know why I got it, but I have the same symptoms you do and they gave me norco for the pain, cause your right it gets so bad woke up screaming and woke the neighbors up, but also they gave me neurontin. what are you taking and has it helped?