Hi, I have a tingling sensation that starts in my toes and spreads upward. My skin is so sensitive, even the slightest touch hurts. A doctor told me that it’s probably a peripheral neuropathy. Can anyone tell me something more about this condition?

Hi, my wife suffers from peripheral neuropathy. The symptoms began gradually. In her case, it started exactly like you described, but not in the leg, but in the arm. Tingling began in her hands and extended up her arms. She didn’t think it was serious, so she ignored it. But when the numbness and pain started, she realized there was something wrong. She went to a doctor, and he diagnosed her with peripheral neuropathy. She is going on physical therapy, and I hope it will help her. Exercises are important for increasing muscle strength and control, because without that, people with peripheral neuropathy can easily hurt them selves. She uses some anticonvulsants to reduce the stabbing pain.