HI,IM NEW TO THIS SITE & WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS HAD A SPINAL FUSION DONE? I HAVEBEEN IN PAIN FOR OVER 10 YEARS NOW :'( & JUST NOW MY NEUROSURGEON IS LOOKING AT PERFORMING A SPINAL FUSION. I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING? DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK? DOES THE PAIN GO AWAY STRAIGHT AWAY OR DOES IT TAKE TIME? WHAT SORT OF REHAB DO YOU NEED AFTERWARDS? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME,I LOOK FORWARD FROM HEARING FROM ANYONE WITH SIMILAR CONDITION

I'd just like to post and let you know some of the situation that I know. I have not had spinal fusion but I do know people close to me who have. With spinal fusion, there is a recovery time I think of about a month or so but I know that it does work depending on the vertabrae being fused and that sort of thing. Which ones are you going to have done? And as far as I know, there wasn't any rehab involved since it was the back, and the back doesn't really do much flexing. Has anyone else had this done? Keep us posted!

>:( I'm new to the site, i am 34 year old male that broke his back two years ago and just had a 2 level spinal fusion 1 year ago. They said the surgery was a success, but i still have some back pain.... I also so had the epidurals before and after the surgery i also had a rhizotomy. So the nerves that fuel the pain are supposed to be gone for a short time. After all of this i still have pain, some days are better than others. But when it rains it pours and those are the bad days.. Like many of others i have had to give up a lot of things i love to do, Soccer, Martial Arts, Camping, Running around with my daughter and yes even SEX is hard at times for me... I used to turn wrench for a living, now i have to go back to school and i have started volunteering to get my feet in the door for the field i am going into..... but i come home in pain from all the walking and up and down, i do not lift anything but i still hurt. I wonder if this is going to affect my future of working and that pisses me off. I'm to young not to work.

Can anybody shed some light.

I had spinal fusion of L4/L5... best thing I every did... Surgery was on July 6, 2009. I was unable to go back to work for 3 months, although my doctor had given me permission after 6 weeks. There were too many restrictions for my work to allow me back. Now, 12 months later, I am playing softball again (not sliding), joined a gym primarily using an eliptical, working a normal 12 hour schedule, etc... I must say that I would do it all over again if I had to.

Hi, IM ALSO NEW TO THE SITE. I HAD SPINAL FUSION L4 AND L5 WITH DECOMPRSSION 6 WEEKS AGO. I HAD SCIATIC IN BOTH LEGS RIGHT DOWN TO THE ANKLE FOR OVER 1 YEAR AND THE PAIN WAS UNBEARABLE SO
I HAD THE SURGERY. SO FAR MOST OF THE PAIN ON THE RIGHT SIDE IS GONE BUT I STILL HAVE PAIN ON
LEFT SIDE AND TAKING OXYCODONE 10. NEXT WEEK I START WATER THERAPY 3 TIMES A WEEK
FOR 8 WEEKS. I GLAD I HAD THE SURGERY AND HOPING THAT ALL THE PAIN WILL BE GONE IN A COUPLE MONTHS. ALSO I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE FOR 3 MONTHS WHICH IS A BUMMER. SURGERY WAS ABOUT
2 HOURS AND THE FIRST TEN DAYS WERE TOUGH.

pain24/7 8 months post spinal fusion surgery and my pain is constant since the surgery.

I have degeneration on lower spine (facets) doctor mentioned this procedure but will the pain go away for good? I'm in chronic pain literally every minute of the day so this is my last option.