Hello. I'm 47 year old female and I have some problems I would like to discuss with people who maybe know more about this.
You see, in a past couple of weeks I have developed some problem with my saliva glands.
I don’t know what the cause is but my mouth are constantly dry.
You couldn’t even imagine how frustrating this can be because it can cause difficulties in tasting, chewing, swallowing, and even speaking.
Like I said, I don’t know a lot about this but I have heard that this could lead to some serious health problems.
Please tell me what could be causing this and is there a cure for my problem?

Hello. I know some facts about this problem and I will gladly share them with you. You see, I really don’t want to scar you but several serious conditions can cause this mouth dryness and some of them are Sjogren syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, and hypothyroidism. So, probably the best thing for you is to contact your GP for further evaluation.
On the other hand, you are entering a menopause or premenopause period and this mouth dryness is also a common menopause symptom. It happen when you are nervous, upset or under stress.
If this is your case, then some hormone replacement therapy could relieve your symptoms. Wish you luck!