Hi! I have problem, I have dry mouth at night. Is this a symptom of some disease?
Will taking vitamins help with the dry mouth? Do prescription drugs affect this condition? I am older man and use some drugs.

Hi! This is called hyposalivation, asialorrhea, and xerostomia. Although xerostomia is not a disease in itself, it is a symptom of certain diseases. Dry mouth also is a common side effect of some medications and medical treatments. Although there is no single way to treat dry mouth, there are a number of steps that can be followed to keep the teeth in good health and relieve the sense of dryness. Keep a glass of water by your bed for dryness during the night or upon awakening. Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Avoid spicy, salty and highly acidic foods that may irritate the mouth. Ask your dentist about using artificial salivas to help lubricate the mouth. Use a humidifier, particularly at night.