Hello, I'm 45 year old female and I have always taking care about my skin. I am using several hydrating remedies for my skin because genetically I have dry skin.
But recently I have bumped on one problem. The skin on my hands became very dry and non sensitive to any of crèmes I have used before.
The skin beside dryness has also shrunken and it looks not like I am 60 years old. That’s right-it looks just like that.
I don’t believe that my age could be the cause of my skin atrophy. So, I'm interested to find out some other possible causes of skin atrophy!
Thanks!

Well, you are probably right because you are too young to suffer from age skin atrophy. I have somewhere read some stuff about this problem and I can say that there are many things that can cause this skin atrophy. First I would like to mention is solar damage.
Ultraviolet light can cause skin dryness, atrophy and wrinkling.
Second possible cause is X-rays.
Basal cell respond well to radiotherapy but the irradiated skin will develop signs of atrophy afterwards.
And there are some serious diseases like cutaneus lupus erythematosus which can also cause raised red or purpuric plaques with scaling, follicular plugging and hyperkeratosis.
However you should contact your dermatologist to find out which out these reasons is the right!