Hello. I'm 20 years old female and I'm very worried for my grandfather. He is now in hospital and doctors don’t want to tell anything about his present health state.
All I can find out from his doctor is that the condition is called pulmonary sclerosis and that it, beside his lungs, affects also some various parts of the body, including skin.
I would really like to find out more about this condition, sings, causes and treatment options.
I would also like to know is this condition contagious like many other conditions that affect human lungs!

Hello. I'm very sorry about your grandfather and I will try to explain you what is this disease about.
Disease called pulmonary sclerosis also known as pulmonary fibrosis describes the abnormal formation of fibre-like scar tissues in the lungs.
What's most important- the disease isn’t contagious in any way!
It can be part of one another systemic disease called scleroderma which affects, like you already said, many different organs!
There are many types of this disease and for most of them the cause is unknown. The most frequent cause of pulmonary fibrosis is sarcoidosis, condition similar to tuberculosis.
There is no real cure for it because in most cases treatment is limited only to treating the inflammatory response.