I was on lisiprinil a few months ago which made me feel awful, I have now taken myself off of this drug but have been suffering from salt taste on my lips and in my mouth I do not use salt or have it on my food so why does this happen. I would be very grateful for any diagnosis or treatment to cure.

Rosalind...I have been having the same problem and no one including my dentist knows what is causing the problem. I have been tasting this since December 9, 2008. It does not happen every day but probably every other day. It started right after I started taking a Magnesium supplement made by the Perrigo Pharmac. Company and it has SLS Sodium Laryl Sulfate in it. I stopped the supplement and have been plagued with this awful taste. It is absolutely driving me nuts. I am not a salt user and this taste does not seem to go away. I was told it might be Burning Mouth Syndrome since I have been through menopause. I wish I knew what to do to figure something out. I did not have the problem today but it seems like every other day it pops out.

Ladies, have you considered visiting an Endocrynologist?
Sometimes an imbalance in hormones will cause a salty taste in the mouth.

My wife has the very same symptoms that you had after using magnesium lotion along with severe menopause symptoms. I would like to know what the solution was?     Thank you for your help.