I need advice about what to do with dry skin. It is very dry and I notice that topical creams and lotions just don’t work well enough. Dryness often worsens in winter because of low environmental humidity. I believe that I would have to eat certain food and take some vitamins to help it. What exactly would it be? Please post.

I have problem with dry skin too. I can give you some tips how to make it better. Always take short shower, avoid very hot water and longer baths because they increase loss of natural protective oils from the skin. Always choose the mildest soaps, like Neutrogena dry skin formula or dove with moisturizing milk. Apply your moisturizer within 3 minutes after showering because that way you seal the water in the skin before it has time to evaporate. Else, add humidifier to your central heating system at your home and at your workplace. Drink plenty of fluid; avoid salty food, caffeine and soft drinks.