I ALWAYS GET A ITCHY THROAT THAT CAUSES ME TO COUGH AT ANY TIME AND IT IS ANNOYING. MY MOTHER HAS THE SAME THING SO I THOUGHT THAT IS MIGHT HE HEREDITARY BUT I DON'T KNOW. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THIS FOR I CANNOT SLEEP OR ANYTHING BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS COUGHING.

I get this a lot also. I bought an air purifier on the weekend and ever since I've been having this itchy dry cough again. It is so irritating. I wake everyone up coughing all night.

Dry cough is something that, especially in winter in heated rooms, happens to a lot of people. Air humidifier is usually solution for that problem, but if it doesn’t help there is a possibility that it might be caused by some sort of allergy. Most common ones are allergies to dust or synthetic fabrics (like ones sometimes used for sheets or to fill pillows) but there other things that can cause this type of dry cough. I suppose you’ve already tried to keep a glass of water near your bed – that at least eases dryness a little bit. Humidifier should also help.

I have the exact thing. I cough all d time n cannot sleep. I have had this coughing since October 2012. I really need to get raid of it. I took all the cough syrup, honey, lemon,ginger and consistently sucking on cough drops.

i cough so deep that pee..its a hangover from last week..I cough so mush & it was Flem then..now just dry but makes me pee. I hav to put Dry towel & cant go anywhere..makes me want to take my sleeping pill so I can go to sleep:( Its painful & embarrassing.