Recently I noticed that something is happening with my tooth. They started to hurt a lot although my dental hygiene is the same, I am experiencing hard pain while drinking or eating. Especially problematic are cold and hot drinks and salty food. I do not know is this relevant, but I also suffer from sjogren's disease. Can my tooth decay be a symptom of sjogren's disease?

Hi, I had the same problem with my tooth. I know exactly what are you talking about. Your problem is probably caused by your basic disease- sjogren's syndrome. Mine was. It happens because your saliva production is too small for your needs. Because of that bacteria in your mouth remain inside and make damage to your teeth. Why don't you ask your doctor for advice about this?

Hello there barron,

As Alasdair has already mentioned this is the main problem with saliva which is the consequence of the sjorgen’s condition. My aunt has the same problem but in her case this has started with the dry mouth problem. After that her teeth started to hurt so she consulted her doctor about this problem and he had recommended artificial saliva supplements.

At first she had few bad reactions but later on she has managed to find the one which fits her the best and the problem is significantly reduced at this point of time. I would suggest to you to do the same thing or maybe your doctor will have some better solution in your case.