Hi, there. My friends got their first baby. However, it seems that it isn't all quite as it should be. Doctors are discussing about a possibility of impaired motor development of this infant. I would appreciate if you could tell me anything. Thank you for all your replies. Bye-bye, folks!

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear that. There are some early signs that can indicate impaired motor development in infants. Abnormal primitive reflexes can be the first sign. Also abnormal postural reflexes are first signs. There are many tests that should be done. Your friends must consult a pediatric neurologist. I hope everything will be better. Bye! Please, let me know what happened.

Well,
Is their baby born normal or is it born premature maybe? I know that impaired motor development problems often happen in babies that are born premature. Unfortunately the facts it that injury to the brain around the time of delivery can result from a number of different causes, so the impaired motor development problems are very possible. I am not really sure what can be done to prevent this but there are some method that can help these kinds of children and their parents. Also it would be good to talk to the doctor about this to find the best possible solution for the problem. I hope this helped you in any way.

Good luck,
Karel