I am interested in early signs of pregnancy with pcos. I have irregular menstrual cycle and don’t use birth control pills. I know that it will be very difficult for me to stay pregnant, but not impossible. How does pcos may affect me during pregnancy?

In women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, there appears to be higher rate of miscarriage or premature delivery. Early signs may be non-specific, so you should be very careful. Your ovaries don’t produce enough hormones for regular egg development. You should visit you gyn as soon as you get positive test and often check your hormone rate. Pregnancy is very risky in women with pcos. Wish you good luck.

Hello cendejas, 

The main problem women with polycystic ovaries have is diminished fertility and more problems when they are trying to get pregnant. This happens because not only your periods are irregular, but your ovulation is as well. That is why usually, women with pcos go for some soert of fertility treatment. Not only does this treatment makes their cahances of getting pregnant bigger, but it also helps to normalize hormonal levels.

As far as the early pregnancy symptoms are concerned, including the main one – missed period, it might actually be very hard to tell if you are pregnant or did your period skip a month, without a blood pregnancy test – even home pregnancy test might be unreliable, if you don’t give them enough time to be accurate-.

With PCOS, many of the early signs of pregnancy will be the same as they are for everyone else — sore breasts, fatigue, more frequent urination, pregnancy nausea, mood swings, etc. However, it might be harder to tell when you have missed your period if your periods are irregular. 

If you haven't talked to your doctor about getting pregnant with PCOS yet, I suggest you do. There are medications, like Metformin, that can help you get pregnant. If you're overweight, losing weight really helps your fertility improve as well, and Metformin helps with that too. If necessary, you can take Clomid or Letrozole to induce ovulation. 

Good luck!

Hi there... I'm Tina 32yrs old no children.. was diogenes with pcos in 97. My period has always been irregular never comes on time... but has been pretty regular for the last year but have never gotten pregnant... this month I feel different.... my period is 3weeks late now I spotted light pink twice only when I wiped... I have lower abdominal pain and a sore back and diarrhea also feel the need to drink a lot of water like I'm dehydrated... my breasts are not sore and no morning sickness.I have been sexually active and not using protection with my partner... Could I be pregnant are these early symptoms of pregnancy with pcos??? (Help)

Hi are you pregnant with those symptoms please reply me I have same like you

Were any of you pregnan with those symptoms
please let me know thanks