Hi, good people. My friends have recently gotten a baby and we are all happy. However, it seems that this kid has been diagnosed with congenital hip dislocation. I would like to know something more about this condition. Can you provide me with more info? I will appreciate all your replies.

Hi to you too. You shouldn’t worry a lot. Congenital hip dislocation is quite common among kids. It is more common for girls and first born kids. It can be also associated with torticollis. There is a tendency of running in families. Usually parents notice unequal number of skin folds on both legs. I hope this helps. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, guys. I would agree with the previous post. Congenital hip dislocation is a common condition and can be treated. Usually, it is enough to fix hips in proper position. This position allows proper development of hips. Surgery is necessary only in more serious cases. Diagnosing is based mostly on physical exam and ultrasound. X ray can be made in older kids. I hope this was helpful. Bye!