Hi, folks. My friends got a baby, but it seems that something is wrong. They told me this baby was a hypotonic infant, but they didn't fill me in with some details. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what the key to diagnosing a hypotonic infant is. Thank you in advance

Hello. Hypotonia is abnormal low muscle tone. It is often combined with low muscle strength. The cause can be in the brain or in the muscle. That is why we differ cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy. This is caused by various diseases and conditions. I am not sure I know the details about diagnosing a hypotonic infant. You should talk to neonatologist or pediatric neurologist for more details. Sorry! Bye!

Hello there,

First of all I am so sorry every time when I hear that some baby has some type of condition. this is my worst fear and I am so afraid to give to my wife a baby because of these things. Also I am so afraid hoy many different conditions is there and every now and then I hear that some of my friends have to deal with some serious condition.

I hope that your friends will find a way to deal with this condition and that their baby is not going to suffer a lot. Keep us posted about the babies condition and what are they doing as a treatment option.