Hello, folks. I have a friend who was pregnant. However, she had an early delivery. Doctors suspect on listeriosis possibility, but they are still not sure. I would like to know if listeriosis can be a possible cause for premature labor. I will really be grateful for any kind of help. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Pregnant women are more prone to listeriosis than other adults. Listeria can cause the infection of vagina and uterus in pregnant women. However, it can pass through placenta and cause fetus infection. One of the complications is early delivery. If doctors suspect, then they should do the tests for Listeria. Only then a proper treatment can be done. Please, let me know what happens. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I would agree with the previous post. Pregnant women have more tendencies to Listeria than others. Premature delivery is just one of the options. Sometimes, pregnancy can end up with much more severe complications. When I say this, I mean on miscarriage or even dead newborn. So, you can see that this is a serious infection. That is the reason why prompt treatment is required. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, guys. I agree that there are much worse scenarios that your friend’s is. Baby is probably in incubator. However, he/she is alive and that is very important. I know that this is tough for your friends, but they must be strong. You should try to be there for them. Consult a doctor if you need more info. I hope everything will turn up fine at the end. Good luck! Bye!