Hi, folks. My friends’ kid has some developmental problem. I think that his language abilities are impaired. I have heard my friends talking about Early Language Milestone (ELM) Scale. I would like to know what it is. It would be great if anyone could answer my post. Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

Hello. Early Language Milestone (ELM) Scale is a screening test. It is used to observe a group of children. They are observed in order to find out their language abilities. Children that failed this test are characterized as having a language disorder. This test is used among very young children. Unfortunately, I don’t know any more details. You should consult a specialist - psychologist or psychiatrist. They will have more answers for you. Good luck!

Well,
The Early language milestone scale is a screening method which purpose is to see how good are your childes language skills. This is usually done for children that are younger than three years of age. I think that you can get this as a pack where you will have to work with your child to improve his or hers language skills. What kind of developmental impairment does your child have? You should talk to his doctor about this if you are determined to do this method. Also try to work as much as you can with your child to help him get over this issue of his. I hope this helped a bit.
Good luck,
Karel