How do u stop the burning on your tongue? And I have a swollen lip,and inside bottom lip is torn up..help

Holy cow, I thought I was the only one who had this issue! Glad to know I'm not alone. Anywho, my favorites are dove white, dial gold, irish spring and ivory. I don't ingest the soap I lick the bars and rinse my mouth out.

If you want slowly to wean yourself from eating soap, just lick the bar and rinse your mouth out. To stop the burning on your tongue sprinkle a spoonful of sugar over your tongue to stop the pain. Then swish your mouth with salt water once the pain stops; Salt will also help ur swollen lip :).

BUT HOW WE SHOULD VOIAD ALL THIS

I have been eating soap for about 8 years. I just got out of the hospital for the 4th time with bleeding ulcers. Related? I don't know. I am too embarrassed to tell the doctors about this habit but I never had ulcers before. I figure, if it makes my mouth and tongue sore (and the soap just passes through my mouth on the way to my stomach), it might be doing worse to my stomach. It stays there longer. The doctor commented that I have very strange looking ulcers. I am seriously trying to quit by brushing my teeth every time I get the urge. It gives me the same clean taste in my mouth. I'll let you know if the hospitalizations go away. Gotta go brush my teeth.

Good advice. I have had bleeding ulcers and had to have transfusions. Like magic, when my hemoglobin got to normal, the craving disappeared. I see many of you started this when you were pregnant. Made me wonder how many on this site are women. I'll bet all. No men. They don't menstruate! I firmly believe this is anemia related.

I see all the post of pregnant women having this urge. I however am a 45yr old male. I crave the smell so much so that I have even come real close to taking a bite if it. What's the deal?

Omg i though i was the only one i am from Guyana and when i got pregnant i start eat n Irish spring soap and now my daughter is 3 and i still do i want to know if it affect the body omg thank u all i really use to think i am crazy

I've tried Jergens and Ivory. I bite a piece, chew it spit out and rinse my mouth out; I don't eat the soap I do the same thing w/dove (green tea), coast(blue), dial(spring water and mountain fresh) lever 2000 (original) . and the aloe version of Ivory. Lol, I like a lot of diff soaps :P. I haven't done it lately but sometimes I get the urge to taste XD

Jergens and Ivory are the best! I love any soap that smells like clean linen. I don't have the urge 2 taste food scented soaps tho :P.

I'm in my 9th month and I crave dove soap the white/blanc I haven't told anyone but how can I stop

I LOVE original irish spring but I also have the urge 2 taste detergent but I'm scared of the effects it would have on my health. What I do instead ot eating detergent is take sum flour and irish spring shavings, add water, let it dry and break it up in 2 chunks. Then I chew the flour/irish spring chunks, spit it out and gargle w/water.

Coast is great! I like to bite a piece, chew it and let it melt in my mouth then gargle. Caress daily silk is my second choice. I've been cutting down on how often I do it b/c I know it's not healthy 2 eat soap. Whenever I get the urge 2 eat soap I chew gum (I recommend juicy fruit and wrigley's spearmint). Good luck in kicking the soap eating habit :P.

Fabric softener takes the burn away I get a little bottle mix it with water and keep it in the bathroom after your done with the soap and I don't eat it I chew n spit out n then rinse with fabric softener also , if your tired of the burning sensation I've noticed Dove doesn't burn your mouth at all. We should all be trying to stop iron pills l!!!

Just spit it out don't swallow