How would oxcodone effect a baby if a woman took oxycodone in her first trimester.

Oxycodone is considered safe in pregnancy- it is prescibed ALL he time for pregnant women. The ONLY negative is if taken regularly and mom becomes physically "dependent" than baby
could experiance withdrawl at birth or in utero if abrubtly stopped after an extended period of time (strongly NOT recommended to abrubtly stop during pregnanct as withdrawl on a baby in utero is MUCH worse and dangerous....treating an infant for withdrawl (NAS) is MUCH safer once born and fully deveolped and can be monitored. PLUS baby feels withdrawl well before mommy does (for moms that are "dependent" on this medication) Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding this subject as this is one of those things I know lots about :)
\hope i helped :D

Button:
Hi I was trying to email you through steadyhealth I created an account and everything but it's not letting me log in. Anyways I would really like your advice in a similar topic so please if you could email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
. Thank u so much

hi... i am currently going into my 6th month of pregnancy and i am addicted to roxicodone from a past shoulder surgery. I take about 30mg up to 4 times a day. I dont take any other medication, other then pre natal vitamins. I am trying really hard to stop taking them, and i know that i just cannot stop taking them abrubtly due to withdraw and possibly harming my baby by doing that. Every day that i take them, i am in fear that my baby is going to be born with some birth defect. I did my own investigating into this medicine, and it states in every article that the only effect that it has on pregant women, is that if you contine to take it up till the time you deliver, that the baby will suffer from withdrawl. I am well aware of that, and have every intention of weaning myself off during the last month of my pregnancy. I still have this fear that my baby will be born deisabled or special.. Are there any cases were a baby was born very retarded or with any other handicaps???? Please tell me.. The last thing that i want, is to take anything that would harm my baby.

I am also very curious. I have a sister in law that is pregnant and has already lost one child due to shooting roxi's up and is pregnant with a second child.