I am supposed to take oxycodone until my head injury stops hurting. I fell the other day, slipped on ice and bumped the head really hard. The only thing I managed is to fell on side not on the back, so the injury is just above left ear. Anyway, it bled awfully and hurt nothing less. Now my head is in bandages and I was prescribed with oxycodone. Does anyone know something about oxycodone effects?

Oxycodone is a narcotic analgesic. It treats moderate and severe pain, but its use should be questioned if you have kidney and/or liver disease, asthma, hypothyroidism. As for side effects they include allergic reaction (symptomized with breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lips), weakness, dizziness, constipation, dry mouth, sweating, muscle problems, decreases libido. If any of these effects occur, you should see a doctor and consult him on your further steps in therapy.

pretty much but it gives euphoria too =D and is addictive so watch out