My sister was proscribed a Ritalin and I have to say that I do not know anything about it. I want to help her but I am not sure how. What are the side effects of this drug? Can someone tell me more about it?

Everyone is different, as his or her reactions to certain drugs. I will tell you what you need to know. The most common side effects of Ritalin are nervousness and insomnia and they are usually controlled by reducing dosage. Other side effects include hypersensitivity, fever, arthralgia, skin rashes, urticaria, erythema multiforme and many others. There were also reports of anorexia, nausea, dizziness drowsiness, palpitations, headache and dyskinesia. Blood pressure and pulse changes were reported also among people who were taking this drug but you do not have to worry that much about your sister. It is impossible for her to get all these symptoms. Some patients who were taking this drug had abnormal liver function, ranging from transaminase elevation to hepatic coma. Leucopenia or anemia, transient depressed mood were also reported in some cases. I am sure that your sister will be all right as long as he is under supervision of her doctor. I wish u both all the best.