Hi, I have recently become a mother. This is a very significant thing for me. Even while I was pregnant, I read all kinds of articles I could get my hands on that talked about infants. Among all problems one had caught my undivided attention. I was very surprised to see that infants can be allergic to eggs. In fact, I never even knew that anyone can have that kind of allergy. I was wondering how egg allergy is manifested.

Hi, the chance that an infant will have some kind of food allergy is the biggest with the eggs. There are two reasons for that. The allergy towards some kind of food can be created when bringing this food for the first time in your baby's nutrition. Since the eggs are usually the first that are served to a grown baby, this can be one of the reasons. The other reason is the size and stability of the proteins that eggs possess. Some of them have the right size and stability to create an allergy, especially if the egg is raw. Egg allergy can be very unpleasant with infants. It is manifested as soon as the egg has been eaten. It starts with the red rash around the mouth. Then follows the swelling on the face and the mouth, around and inside. Some children may even vomit. Later, the swelling of other parts of the skin can appear. Also, sneezing, watery eyes or wheezing may be developed.