I've been getting these "rotten egg burps" in past few days, but it happened before usually after I've eaten poultry. This week they came on without the aid of chicken or eggs or any kind of meat at all. What can be a reason for it?

I have same problem “rotten egg burps", so I went to several doctors over the years, but none have had any idea what I was talking about. They happen to me after a night of full on pizza and coke, and a simple solution that I discovered is water. Just have plenty of it and you’ll be cured, it happens when you have a lack of water and too much of something that’s not good for you.

How do I get rid of egg burps?

How do I get rid of egg burps?

what can i do

I found that soft scrambled eggs have been causeing mine. Still don't know how to ease the burps though. Tried tums water even phenergen nothing helps. But now I know to stay away from eggs!!!!!!!

SulfurSulfur burps are a telltale sign of giardia Giardiasis. It's an amoebic infection. acute of the gastro system.

Giardiasis Symptoms
Giardiasis can show itself in different ways. Some people can be carriers of the parasite and have no symptoms of the disease, but they pass cysts in their stool and pass the disease to others. Others may develop acute or chronic diarrheal illnesses in which the symptoms occur 1-2 weeks after swallowing the cysts.

Acute diarrheal illness

Diarrhea: Up to 90% of people with giardiasis complain of diarrhea. Stool is usually described as profuse and watery early in the disease. Later in the disease, stools become greasy, foul smelling, and often float. Blood, pus, and mucus are usually not present. Symptoms may last for 1 to several weeks.

Weight loss, loss of appetite

Bloating, abdominal cramping, passing excessive gas, sulfur-tasting burps

Occasional nausea, vomiting, fever, rash, or constipation

Chronic diarrheal illness

Diarrhea: Stools are often greasy, foul smelling, yellowish, and may alternate between diarrhea and constipation.

Abdominal pain worsens with eating

Occasional headaches

Weight loss

antibiotics my friend

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark and I'm 25 years old. My symptoms aren't as severe as some of the ones I've seen in this thread, but I remember that I got sick from eating something at a Burger King one night back in July/August 2008, and the next morning I had Sulphur burps (rotten egg burps) and then an hour later I was on the toilet stool with the worst diarrhea I've ever had in my life. My stomach looked like it was regurgitating the whole time, and it was coming out like water. Basically almost like I was peeing from my anus. I know that's pretty graphic but that's the best way to describe it. I had diarrhea the whole day pretty much, until my body was empty of every food and fluid. Afterwards I thought I was cured.

But since then, I've been experiencing the Sulphur burps on and off almost like once every 2 weeks or so. I just now woke up this morning with the rotten egg burps again, but what's weird is I've never puked or vomited. And since my first episode with that major diarrhea, I don't even get that anymore. The only symptom is the rotten egg burps. I don't know what to do to cure it. I've been taking a pro-biotic pill which seems to suppress the sulphur burps later on in the day, but I want them to just never come back altogether! I really need to know if anyone has any advice with my symptoms, because they seem weird to me.

Why would I get the worst Diarrhea during my first episode with the rotten egg burps, but then the next times I've had it, the only symptoms were the rotten egg burps? There must be some sort of parasite in our bodies or something. It seems to be many different foods that cause it, so I doubt it has anything to do with what you eat. If anyone has any answers please contact me.

Please someone email me if you know a cure for my symptoms or if you are experiencing the same ones for yourselves! Thanks and GODSPEED!

I'm a 55 year old woman and I've had this disorder since I was about
15, 40 years now. I've had years between bouts and I've had bouts
weeks apart really no one thing I could see caused it. Maybe stress,
good and bad types. I decided it was a disorder, something inside wasn't
working properly. I'm a very healthy person otherwise I eat everything
a very varied diet. Sometimes I think fatty meals can provoke it yet most of the time it doesn't. My neice was born with pyloric stenosis, she had surgery when she was a few weeks old, my grandmother and her sister
both went to bed sick complaining of rotten eggs, my mother tells me.
I wonder if it is our pyloric valve not functioning properly?
I've given up on doctors, I had all the tests since teen episodes always
normal. When I change doctors and mention this they all act like they never heard of it. The only thing that helps me is sleep, I become so sleepy between vomiting and diarrhea I sleep, eventually I sleep it off.
When it passes I feel great again.
I'm pretty sure it's genetic since my grandmother and aunt seemed to have the same thing.
I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only person with such a strange
disorder, I used to think so.

Lana

Wow, i kinda thought i was the only one getting this too. I find it rather interesting that this is a kinda common thing. I guess i would have to say if it helps anyone that i try to drink alot more fluids as in water, tea, orange juice and so on and it seems to slightly effect the burps themselves thew still stuck with them for a week or two never been to a dr and never had more problems than cramping bloating *when laying more times then not...waking up to burp even at night* diarrhea and seem like im always having the pure embarrassment of it all anyways thanks for your time hope that we might find a real solution sooner than later..

I am a 27 year old woman, and began experiencing these foul smelling and tasting burps since i was 16. At the time this all happened, i was taking ephedra pills frequently, and eating hardly any food. It seemed as though when i ate large amounts of food or fatty foods, i'd experience these burps that smelled like a fart, a bad one! as the years went on and i wasn't taking these pills anymore, it would still happen, and eventually, if i woke up burping those burps, i'd spend the whole night vomiting very acidic fluids and whatever other food was in me, and i always had a reddish diarreah of a particular consistincy. I always thought that the problem was caused by the combination of the ephedra pills and poor eating, but never even saw a doctor. This condition was so "unpredictable", and would happen days in a row, every few weeks, months, i had even gone over a year without experiencing it, but it always comes back. i swear when its happening, i want my life to end it feels so horrible! but i always noticed i would have heartburn first. i tried protonics, which is similar to nexium, it stopped the heartburn, not the burps/ puking/ diarrhea. i gave up on meds, i just don't eat alot of caffeine products, greasy products, and tomato products, and i have been in the clear almost another year!!!

I can totally sympathize. It all started when the whole family (all 5 of us) got some sort of stomch bug. The kids were sick for over a month with vomiting and diarrhea on and off. I only got sulphur burps at first, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. It comes and goes, seems to be about every other week. This has been going on for about 5 months. Sometimes it's just bloating and gas, other times it's those TERRIBLE burps. I had one doctor give me Flagyl to treat a parasite and another doctor give me an antacid. So, I will be trying both and we'll see what happens.

I was in the hospital the 1st time it happened. All day I had been gassy and having burps that smeels and tasted like feces. Uater I get severe stomach cramps along with burning diarhea. A bit later I started to vomit. After the first bit I couldnt stop as it was so fouls tasting and smelling. After spraying the floor before I could get yp with my IV stand they gave me a pan. I was suroised to find food that I know I jad eaten 4 days before athat wasnt even slightly digested, It was just laying there rotting causing fecal vomiting!
For over a year I had this problem accsionally. It was horrible. Eveb the smell of food cooking would cause me to throw up

the person talking about the epherda pills, and poor diet.. this person was listing other symptoms like bowel problems and said that advoiding greasy/fatty foods helps the problems.. it sounds like gall bladder. i have problems with my gall bladder (and these problems can be caused by poor diet, diet pills and the such. i am "recovered" from an eating disorder), even years after you have recovered from an eating disorder or stopped with the poor diet, one of the lasting effects that can show up later is bad gall bladder problems. and not always gall stones. you can get sludge build up, or a blocked or collapsed duct. (they think that is what i have, no stones in the ultrasound and they cant run the other tests they would need to , to know exactly what is wrong with it cause of the radiation and im 30 weeks preg) but they know its the gall bladder causing alot of problems and alot of stomach pain.. and you can have symptoms without the pain in the right side under the ribs, and it sometimes hurts in your shoulder blade or wraps around your side into your back if you are experiencing the pain. the rotten egg burps are mostly likely a side effect of gall bladder problems in my case. with my first pregnancy they thought it was the baby putting pressure against my intestines and causing a build up of food that was spoiling instead of passing. but these rotten egg burbs came back when i was only a couple months preggy and the baby wouldnt have been big enough to do that this time, and around the same time i kept getting hospitalized for gall bladder attacks. (they will most likely remove it at the same time they do my csection and fix my hernia.. im just full of problems!)
anyway, all this for me to basically suggest that you have your gall bladder checked. there are lots of other causes of the rotten egg burps apparently, but with the other symptoms you listed, it sounds alot like what im going through! (but mine has started to alternate from runny bowels to so constipated that it gets impacted since its gone on so long. yuck) ..
so, goodluck and ask your dr to check that out for you..

goodluck to everyone suffering this nasty and horribly embarassing problem of rotten egg burps! i dont even want to be around anyone, i cant control them when they come. its more like air coming up from my stomach and coming out than a belch, no noise with them, just a passing of nasty foul air. my old stinky kitty was asleep on my bed and i had one, it woke her up and she left the room.. and this cat deals with her own smells that we have to suffer through, so it really must have been BAD. because as bad as it smells to ME, it smells worse to other people. burps, farts, body oder, its always like that. if we can smell it, other people can REALLY smell it! so im basically hiding in my room with a strong air freshener plugged up and grossing myself out with it! so, goodluck to all of you.

This may sound crazy... Pepto Bismo ! i've learned it from experience. I have the same problem, but Pepto Bismo.