Hello. I'm 29 year old mother and I'm pretty worried about my little daughter health. You see, I recently found out that she has some food allergy problems. As far as I could determine- she has developed allergy on eggs and all products that have it. Her first allergy attack was about three months back when she got the rash all around her body and had problems with breathing. Luckily, everything calmed down after few hours. Yesterdays, she spent a day with her grandmother and, although she knew about this allergy, she forgot all about it and gave her to eat some eggs. Soon after, she has developed the same rash and beside this, she felt some tingling in fingers and toes. Is this normal during these allergy attacks? Can food allergy cause neuropathy?

Hello. I know some facts about allergies because I'm suffering from some allergies almost all my life. Food allergy is the name given to a variety of situations in which specific foods provoke some type of immune response.
The thing that your daughter felt is peripheral neuropathy and it is very common with all kinds of food allergies.
Manifestation of this condition is the exactly as your daughter describe it- tingling in fingers and toes.
I will tell you which your symptoms you could notice. Some of the most common are weakness, weight loss, skin rash, difficulty breathing, headaches, edema, bone pain and abdominal pain. The most common symptom is swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat. Good thing about all this is that most young children outgrow their food allergies.